AGCO is currently seeking a Validation Engineer – Embedded Software/Network to join our team in Jackson, MN. The Engineer will play a key part in testing and documenting software solutions for AGCO. Additionally, the Engineer will be doing this in a manner that ensures superior product performance, durability, reliability, quality, and serviceability to the worldwide marketplace.
Opportunities such as this Validation Engineer – Embedded Software/Network position are rare finds for talented candidates! If you have the desire to work with high-tech solutions, this is your chance to join a global and innovative leader in the design of agricultural machinery.
Note: Relocation assistance is available for this position.
● Verify control unit software in the context of series applications of mechatronic systems in an agile development setup
● Design and specify tests based on requirements
● Define and execute test cases both in SIL and HIL test environments
● Evaluate, log and analyze test results
● Analyze and document deviations
● Support during commissioning and expansion of test environments, e.g. selection of suitable components
● The primary field of application will be in-vehicle network testing (Ethernet, 100baseTX / 100baseT1, CAN)
● Design solutions with teams physically located in other countries
● Work in an Agile setup within a Scrum Team
● 0-3 years of experience in design, specification, implementation, execution and evaluation of test cases
● 0-3 years of experience with common approaches and frameworks for test automation
● 0-3 years of experience in troubleshooting complex distributed systems
● 0-3 years of experience in MATLAB/Simulink
● Knowledge of network and web-related technologies (e.g., Ethernet, 100baseTX / 100baseT1, TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, DDS, SOME/IP, CAN)
● English language fluency (written & verbal)
● Experience handling HIL systems and the corresponding application software
● Experience in automation of networking tests
● 1+ years of experience in computer programming in languages such as Python, C, and C++
● Experience and/or a strong interest in automotive & agricultural machinery
● Experience in Agile collaboration
● Bachelor’s degree in Network/Computer Engineering is required, or a comparable field of study.
● In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 3+ years of experience as a Test Engineer, Software Engineer, or Software Developer will be considered
● Ability to address and resolve complex issues with an objective, fact-based and professional approach
● Organized, proactive, and structured way of working
● Proven track record to build trust with stakeholders and lead by influence
● Strong ability to work successfully in multi-national teams, intercultural open and confident in the appearance
● Engaging personality with demonstrated capability to reinforce and drive global strategy implementation
Nestled in a valley of the Des Moines River, the Jackson plant is a cornerstone of the community. Continually growing, the state-of-the-art facility recently saw a 75,000 square-foot expansion and will continue to expand even more to include a state-of-the-art equipment testing station. With 17 parks within driving distance, the opportunities to enjoy the outdoors are endless.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life, and accident insurance, long and short-term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.