My Jobs Centre and GDPR
Over the past months, everyone has been talking about the new dataprotection law which came into force on May 25, 2018. As a company, we'vealways respected the data privacy of our users. In anticipation of the new GDPRlegislation, we have encouraged collaboration amongst all our teams to ensurethat we hold ourselves to the highest standards.
We have beenimplementing several changes to our processes and documentation to ensure wemake all the necessary improvements to comply with GDPR. Furthermore, the GDPRprinciples have been incorporated into our product roadmap to ensure that wedeliver on our obligations from a product perspective. This means that we willbe introducing the necessary tools to ensure that our users will have morecontrol over their data if they wish to do so.
01.What is GDPR?
We know that you’ve probably reading tons of articles, emails, web pagesand blogs about GDPR. In case you want to read more, here’s a short summary:
The General DataProtection Act (GDPR) is a regulation introduced by the European Union (EU),which will replace the Data Protection Directive adopted in 1995. The main aimof the GDPR is to provide EU citizens with more control over their data,including how it is collected and being used by companies. To provide more control,the GDPR addresses the processing of personal data including its collection,storage, transfer and/or use. From a company perspective, the overarching aimis to be clear and ethical with the personal data collected and processed.
02.What has My Job Centre done about GDPR?
We have commenced a plan to identify the measures we need to take inorder to be fully compliant with GDPR.
Here is an overview of what we’ve done so far:
· Data Mapping — Working withexternal experts, we’ve performed a full audit and inventory of how personaldata is used at My Jobs Centre
· Vendors — We’ve auditedthe partners and vendors that help us deliver our service to you, to ensurethat they adhere to the high privacy and protection standards of GDPR
· Rights of individuals — We’ve ensuredthat users can exercise their right to data rectification, removal, and accesswithin My Jobs Centre. You can do this today with our Support team and you willsoon see new capabilities directly in our apps.
· Prepared our staff — We’vecommunicated the importance of data protection and privacy to all My JobsCentre employees.
· Product Roadmap — all aspectsof our product roadmap have been influenced by the GDPR and we will continue towork to provide greater transparency, greater protection, and greater freedomto you.
· Privacy Notice — We’repreparing an update to our privacy notice, which will help you to betterunderstand how we use your data and how you can exercise your rights. In themeantime, please reach out to our Support team with any questions.
My Jobs Centre does not share your data with any third parties, otherthan to deliver our core capabilities – helping you find a job or helping youfind staff.
Thank you for reading this update!
My Jobs Centre