Technical Lead – Frontend | London | Permanent
About the role:
- The Technical Lead is responsible for the mobile engineering standards, approach, and strategy for the frontend technology employed across Whitbread’s systems.
- Working closely with the engineering teams and the Principal Technical Lead, the role is focused on driving innovation and best practice across our internal platforms, and, working closely with the Head of Architecture, identifying and proving new opportunities for technology to help drive our business vision.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with almost 30,000. Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 850 hotels - which is over 80,000 bedrooms - across the UK, Germany and the Middle East (with a committed pipeline of over 20,000 more). We’re also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. With exciting plans to innovate and grow our core UK and international business, we always keep our customers at the heart of what we do. There has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the direction of the Technical Architecture for engineering across a key technology area, to support the overall Technology plan
- Governance & Decision Making
- Support the design process across our platforms, working with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs.
- Supporting the Principal Technical Lead in driving the Engineering Community of Practice
- Peer review of technical designs and business requirements
- Supporting the Maintenance of the Engineering Skills matrix, training plans and development
What you’ll need:
- Proven experience of developing technology platforms, including technical architecture, estimation, planning, non-functional requirements, and Continuous Improvement activities using modern agile techniques
- Solid experience of designing and building client-side web applications.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, GoCD or CircleCi
- Experience of Cloud Platforms (e.g Amazon Web Services)
- Experience of developing training and team development plans to drive performance across multi-skilled teams
- Understanding of business modelling techniques and approaches to capturing requirements
- Expert and evangelist for technology and innovation within their specific domain
- Robust understanding of development patterns, best practice and compliance
- Understanding of SAFe or similar enterprise agile processes
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ID: 4134