At Belk we have a vision to reimagine the department store. As a Support Associate, you will provide outstanding customer service to each and every customer, displays a passion for retail and fashion, adapts to change efficiently, continually seeks to learn about Belk’s merchandise and has an awareness of industry technology. Ensure new receipts are merchandised in a way that aligns with our brand, appeals to our customer, and encourages her to buy. Most importantly, you will work closely on a team that cares for our customers in an environment where we thrive by winning together.
• Proactively greeting and engaging customers warmly and with a smile
• Supporting the store to meet or exceed its customer service goals
• Handling each customer transaction in a professional and friendly manner
• Thanking each customer by name following a purchase
• Offering assistance to the customer proactively and without prompt
• Using suggestive selling techniques with all customers
• Meeting or exceeding solicitation goal for Belk credit Rewards program
• Meeting or exceeding Clienteling goals, where applicable
• Understanding Store Assortment (for assigned department), in addition to inventory available at other stores and on belk.com
• Using Mobile Devices to complete a sale (where applicable)
• Using Digital Computer-based Point-of-Sale and other digital technology to enhance the customer shopping experience
• Using the Belk App and informing customers about the Belk App to enhance their shopping experience
• Using the Belk website to look up merchandise and complete in-store orders for customers
• Working professionally and pleasantly with co-workers, customers, and managers to accomplish defined tasks
• Maintaining Belk professional dress standards and appearance
• Maintaining floor and stock areas consistent with store standards
• Supporting the Operations Team to ensure new merchandise is unpacked and displayed in a timely manner and stored in a place that does not obstruct customer access to the department
• Following the ROCC the Dock process
• Ensuring timely set-up including signage for promotional events
• Following procedures for all systems including counts, markdowns, re-tickets and inventory control
• Complying with store policies including, but not limited to those concerning attendance and tardiness
• Accepting additional duties or sharing responsibilities during busy times and/or as requested by Sales Team Manager
• Assisting Operations teams with all non-sell duties as assigned by Sales Team Manager
Education / Experience Requirements:
Minimum Education & Experience:
• No education requirement
• Experience in retail preferred
Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to use and learn industry technology preferred
• Ability to use computer keyboard, touchscreen monitor, handheld devices, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
• Hand manipulation to remove sensor tags
• Ability to push / pull 100-500 pounds when moving stock carts
• Task demands vary in each department because of the different types of merchandise. Stocking requirements can involve reaching above & below shoulder level and lifting 25-50 pound boxes.
Belkcareers.com is committed to making the on-line application experience easy and accessible to individuals with disabilities. We are constantly making improvements to comply with the spirit of the \"Americans with Disabilities Act,\" and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. If any of the information on the belkcareers.com website is not accessible to you due to a disability, please contact us via email at HRSharedServices@Belk.com. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information and the format you wish to have the information presented and we will be happy to send it to you, either via your email address or a separate mailing address you provide. If you prefer, you may contact one of our friendly Shared Services representatives at 1-800-588-3700 and we will be happy to assist you with the application process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Belk is an equal-opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, hair style, hair texture, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.