Job Description and Qualifications
The job holder is one of the key members of the piping & layout design team to be responsible for stress analysis design. The job holder shall be responsible for the piping stress design on projects executed by Asia Engineering team. This position will be assigned to perform either in-house stress analysis design or supervising the local design institute for stress analysis. This position will require relative senior level engineer who is able to perform the required stress analysis and provide proper judgment in reviewing LDI’s stress analysis.
- Safety and rigorous adherence to relevant specifications and standards for all piping stress design.
- Conduct pipe stress engineering of complex piping systems
- Prepare piping stress specifications and critical line list
- Perform pipe support design with necessary calculations
- Specify stressed items for project purchasing such as EJs, spring hangers, etc. Conduct vendor doc review and technical support
- Coordinate and communicate technical issues with related to stress analysis between company, LDI and/or vendors
- Conduct site technical support with related to stress analysis and provide resolutions on time
- Maintain BSP targets and LSO compliance
- BS Degree (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering with a work experience of around 6 to 10 years.
- Good written and spoken English and good communication skills
- Experience comparable with the grade in a relevant industry.
- Experience of working on Autopipe or Ceaser II.
- Experience of conducting pipe stress analysis of complex piping systems independently.
- Experience of specifying stressed items.
- Knowledge and experience on piping materials, piping and stress design work process, and interfaces with multiple design functions
- Knowledge and experience on Smart Plant 3D and model review tools is a plus.