Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
We are looking for Software Support Engineers and Senior Software Support Engineers with minimum 1 to 5+ years of experience to join our exciting and rapidly expanding team in Sri Lanka. This position is a hands-on support and development role where you will be responsible for the supporting of Wiley’s Research platform and provide both Application support as well as development support as required.
As a Software Support Engineer at Wiley, you will provide application maintenance and support, involve in troubleshooting and Root Cause analyzing, implement resolutions for Incidents, Service Requests and Problem Requests. You will also ensure your commitment to the highest quality standards both in functional and non-functional areas.
How you will make an impact:
- Advise all technical maintenance, Issues and support activities on the application
- Troubleshooting, implementing resolutions on maintenance and support requests and resolving problems with products, software and processes.
- Provide fixes and workarounds while working closely with development teams to fix the issues.
- Reporting on root causes of issues, Documenting processes, standard operating procedures and solution requirements.
- Work with Infrastructure, DevOps and Service teams providing application maintenance and support for global enterprise applications to ensure alignment in the resolution of Incidents, Service Requests and Problem Requests.
- Categorize, prioritize and triage maintenance and support requests with business users.
- Communicate solutions to maintenance and support requests to the business user and obtain sign-off on solution.
- Assist the team in maintaining the health of the production system.
- Follow the latest relevant technologies, techniques, frameworks, tools, methodologies, and processes.
- Work independently, yet under the guidance of the team lead and the senior members of the team, committed to quality and timely delivery.
- Adhering to Agile and DevOps methodologies to support the enterprise level applications.
What we look for:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 1 to 5 + years of solid experience in software support and developing web-based enterprise applications
- Possess a solid understanding of supporting and troubleshooting web-based applications, identifying reported issues and Incident Management Process and related workflows.
- Expert level of troubleshooting, process refinement and triaging skills along with prior experience in supporting interface technologies such as Web Services and the related protocols.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/ Continuous Development and Automation.
- Curiosity to learn and develop modern technology knowledge and skills.
- Extensive customer relationship management experience.
- Ability to be innovative, resourceful and reliable.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to produce high-quality deliverables while maintaining schedule commitments
- Solid oral and written communication skills to convey technical information to non-technical colleagues
- Proven ability to proactively solve problems and recommend solutions, fix issues and suggest workarounds.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills and attention to detail is a must.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of tools (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Please attach your CV in order to be considered for this position.