This is a fixed term contract role for 1 year.
Do you desire to launch new businesses and products? Are you passionate about driving strategic decisions that impact the experience of millions of customers?
We are a fast-growing Financial Services unit with the mission to delight Amazon customers by building FinServ experiences and financial services that are trusted, valued and easy to use from anywhere in any way. We seek to expand our portfolio to serve customers with more products and in more countries, in the financial services industry. Therefore, we are looking for a passionate Business Development leader to drive innovative partnerships.
The Senior Business Development Manager identifies, structures, and negotiates strategic partnerships on behalf of Amazon in Europe. As a Business Development leader, you will be responsible for working with in-country business teams and external partners to design products, and for negotiating partnership agreements with external financial services partners. This leader is expected to manage relationships and negotiations for partnership deals that drive value to Amazon and our customers, and will represent Amazon Payment Products to internal stakeholders and external partners.
This key role will be highly visible to Amazon leadership. You will need to work collaboratively with both internal and external teams. You will be executing a multi-country, multi-product roadmap, while diving deep to understand customer needs, market practices, and product financials to structure and negotiate partnerships that drive value to customers, partners, and Amazon. The role requires ownership, backbone with internal stakeholders and external partners, and the ability to assess trade-offs and make high-judgement decisions in ambiguous and complex situations. Because we seek to do more with less, you will also be responsible for identifying and executing on opportunities to drive efficiencies and speed-to-market in the product and business development process.
We are seeking an analytical and strategic thinker who is passionate about Amazon’s Customer Obsession to join our team. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional internal and external teams and excels in logical structuring and written and verbal communication. Effective negotiation and the ability to understand multi-party financial structures are critical parts of this job.
The role can be based in London or Munich, and involves close communication with Amazon Payment Products teams in London and Seattle, and internal and external stakeholders across Europe.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
· Take the lead to drive the partnership development process to execute on a multi-country, multi-product roadmap, in collaboration with internal stakeholders from Legal, Finance, Product, Engineering, Operations, Tax, Accounting, and senior management in multiple countries
· Lead internal assessment of strategic, financial, and customer experience trade-offs when making product development and partnership decisions
· Communicate the product and partnership vision to internal and external stakeholders, and influence cross-functional teams to execute on that vision
· Negotiate with external partners to create partnerships that are beneficial to all parties, without compromising on a high bar for value and customer experience
· Dive deep, to understand financial, contractual, and technical considerations for each product and partnership
· Develop best practices to drive improvements to the product development and negotiation process
This is a fixed term contract role for 1 year.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to distil complex, ambiguous information with clear, analytical frameworks to drive decisions that consider long-term benefits and near-term results
· Ability to earn and keep trust with stakeholders from multiple functions, companies, and cultures
· Product development and partner-facing negotiation experience
· Bachelor’s degree OR extensive relevant experience in the financial services, strategy consulting, or technology sectors
· Experience with product development and negotiations in the financial services industry
· Knowledge and experience of European market practices, in the retail and financial services industries
· Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships with potential partners to facilitate deal flow
· MBA or advanced degree in a technical field
Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which encourage colleagues to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn the trust of their co-workers. We believe that building a culture that is welcoming and inclusive is integral to people doing their best work and is essential to what we can achieve as a company. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to build a supportive and inclusive workplace. We take steps to ensure our colleagues have a sense of belonging, value, and opportunity. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits to all employees and we will support flexible work and part-time options wherever we can to suit your lifestyle. You can read more about Diversity and inclusion and the benefits we offer at aboutamazon.com
Job ID: 9006