You will play the pivotal role in ensuring that after weeks of development, new features are ready and successfully transitioned from development into the operational environment.
You will own and manage feature releases across business owners/functions and Digital delivery teams and be responsible for managing all activity and people necessary during the deployment and implementation of a given feature release.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be part of the release team and you will manage and communicate scheduled releases to fine detail.
- Coordinate release documentation as necessary (technical and business alike)
- Assist the negotiation, planning and management all release activities with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and maintain user friendly release documentation, plans and status reports
- Maintain the release calendar.
- Work closely with environments manager to understand impacts of branches and code merges to appreciate the risk and mitigate the interdependencies and subsequent impact to the release plan
- Work with the Product Manager to publish quarterly road-maps for Delivery Managers
- Assist the Release Manager in presenting the Forward Schedule of Change (FSC) to business stakeholders to ensure any associated downtime can be worked around
- Assist with and own Monthly KPI & highlight reporting.
- Act as a point of contact, communicating release status to all interested parties
- Assist the Release Manager to oversee the ownership of the process for tracking releases, upgrades and changes to test & production environments working with the engineering and service teams (internal and external)
- Schedule release meetings and publishing corresponding agenda
- Assist with planning and facilitation of all Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Increment ceremonies: Program Increment (PI) Planning Event, Pre-PI Planning, Solution and System Demos, etc.
- Host go/no go meeting with technical and business stakeholders
- Track release activities and coordinating with Testing Leads to ensure quality standards have been met
What you’ll need:
- Understanding of project workflow through Agile Release Train (ART)
- Ability to diagnose release issues identifying the right team and actions for resolution
- Solid understanding of good software development life cycle principles and how tooling can help automate the process
- Experience with software version control, issue tracking, test management and app monitoring tools
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with other teams in the companies
- Good grounding in traditional Project Management governance practices
- Passionate about digital products
- Experience of Atlassian tooling (JIRA and Confluence)
- Knowledge on Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Comfortable working in digital environments.
- Understanding of DevOps practices.
- Experience working in a key delivery role within project teams.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
Job ID: 4126