CVS Healthcare is looking for hands-on, passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers’ lives and who want to be on the forefront of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be in the digital world. The Mid-level Front End Software Engineer will work with Product and UX teams to be part of a team of engineers in developing elegant code and state-of-the-art responsive customer experiences.
Additionally, this position will:
• Serve as a resource for other colleagues as needed
• Collaborate in troubleshooting complex data, features, service, platform issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve product and operational issues
• Work closely with digital product management to build industry leading digital experiences
• Collaborate to drive solutions that would reduce cost, expenses and time to market
• Participate with application owners, business partners and peer groups regarding long and short-range technical solutions that meet business requirements.
• Work with Product and UX teams to be part of a team of engineers in developing elegant code and state-of-the-art responsive customer experiences
• At least 3-5 years as a software engineer in a comparable role
• At least 3-5 years’ experience working experience in using libraries, tools, and frameworks such as: React, Underscore, jQuery, Dojo, Bootstrap, Sencha, D3, Backbone, or Grunt
• Experience with responsive UI design and development
• A track record of writing clean, high quality, high performing, scalable code
• Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
• Good understanding of framework code and methods of component architecture
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
• Experience with optimization skills to improve performance, scalability, and usability of our applications
• Good understanding of ADA and regulatory compliances
• Working experience of CI/CD pipeline, GIT, Stash, Bit Bucket, Artifactory, or Jenkins.
• Good presentation and verbal communications skills
• Experience with SAFe Agile
• Experience in web security
• Experience with NodeJS and Server Side Rendering
• Experience in UI performance testing and cross-browser compatibility testing
• Experience working with distributed systems
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.