Since opening our virtual doors 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Amazon’s overall mission is simple: to be the place where customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever customers want, Amazon will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
The Continuous Improvements Manager supports, coordinates and facilitates implementation of new and improved structures, processes and activities. Working closely with EU teams and all levels of management within the Fulfillment Center (FC), you report directly to the Regional Continuous Improvement Manager.
For this role you will need to be adaptable, challenge motivated and thrive on implementing high standard productivity and simplicity using Kaizen/PDCA methods. Curiosity and the confidence to take calculated risks quickly are core characteristics for Continuous Improvements Managers.
· Manage the Fulfilment Centre improvement plan to focus on best customer experience at the lowest cost
· Develop a culture of continuous improvement and lean thinking
· Contribute to and facilitate Kaizen activities
· Help drive the implementation of Lean Standard Work
· Train and support all levels in Kaizen activities
· Disseminate Lean Standard Work principles across teams
· Support and manage the Fulfilment Centre implementation Agenda
· Take ownership for the LSC (Leadership Steering Committee)
· Coordinate and prioritize LSC process improvement activities and resources
· Standardize processes and actively share best practice with EU Process Owners to avoid duplication
· Liaise between FC and EU to drive leverage of cross-FC process excellence
· Maintain strong relationships with EU Process Owners and FC Process Engineers
· Degree from an accredited institution,
· Highly proficient in both spoken and written English (Common European Framework of Reference C1)
· Experience from Industrial Engineering, Business Process Engineering, Quality, Operations or Logistics
· Project Portfolio Management experience
· Strong professional experience with Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies,
· Relevant knowledge of change management and continuous improvement methodologies
· Strong ability interpreting & communicating analytics and presenting to senior leadership,
· Excellent communication skills and detail orientation,
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment,
· Ability to motivate a team,
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Job ID: 8962