Do you have executive consulting experience leading technically focused business transformations within Fortune 500 enterprise organizations across a wide range of security & infrastructure technologies, disciplines, and practices? Can you effectively tailor cloud security approaches and solutions specific to a range of shifting market verticals and evolving technology environments? Do you understand and embody the principle of obsessing over customer results?
The Global Security & Infrastructure Team, within the AWS Professional Services organization, is hiring experienced leaders to drive AWS Cloud Security Professional Services Acceleration Solutions in the EMEA market. The scope of this key leadership role will be to focus on tailoring offerings and enabling solution adoption across a select range of countries, markets, and technology operating environments.
The Global Security & Infrastructure Team works to optimize our customers success through security and compliance, performance and scale, availability, and manageability – either migrating existing systems and/or building new systems. We specifically focus on the implementation of security AWS Platform Services; enabling customers to innovate for their business on top of the platform. Our professional services offerings span security, risk, and compliance. Our AWS consultants deliver innovative security architecture expert-level guidance, build cutting edge solutions, lead proof-of-concept projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review operational best practices and conduct skills transfer workshops. We also assist with the non-technical change management work for enterprise executives and their teams.
In this role, you will lead our customers in a wide variety of security scenarios as they progress through their AWS journey. This team will support the broader Global Security & Infrastructure Team’s build and innovation efforts, but will be primarily focused on the enablement and alignment of a market segment – based on one or more aspect of geography, market vertical, and/or technology operating environment.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization—leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, our consulting roles are customer-facing, requiring up to 25%-50% travel to customer locations.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Engage customers - Collaborate with sales leaders and engineering teams to drive customer success through the optimized utilization of the AWS Platform. Understand the operational and interconnective value of the AWS Platform Portfolio of products and solutions (e.g., AWS S3/EBS/EFS, Aurora/DynamoDB, SageMaker, AWS EC2/Lambda/ECS/EKS, Route53/Direct Connect) with a focus on the current and emerging solutions of security (e.g., AWS Shield, AWS Security Hub, AWS Guard Duty). Drive an understanding of our customer’s specific value chains and their resulting security needs (Customer Obsession). Address these needs by designing secure, reliable and cost-effective cloud security governance models, architectures, and operational constructs, as well as the creation of transition plans. Provide direct delivery value (Deliver Results) to enable breakthrough business outcomes for customers.
Harvest and curate reusable assets – Take ownership of Insist on the Highest Standards through the execution a continuous improvement mechanism for the segment, actively driving uplift of the offerings through partnering with the related Security Builder Teams (e.g., Security Advisory, Security Engineering (EPICs Accelerator)). Lead AWS teams in the assembly and rollout of packaged offerings designed to optimize customer impact, leveraging field experiences and outcomes. Support them in publishing best practices. Work with AWS engineering service teams to convey deep technical requirements from partners and customers as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
Align to the strategic direction of a specific segment– Develop and execute against an engagement model for driving increased sales and delivery of security solution impact for a segment team and push the boundaries of today to open new opportunities for AWS customer success. Actively identify the segments requirements specific to the geography (e.g.,EMEA), market vertical (e.g., financial services, telecommunications, industrial manufacturing), and/or technology operating environment (e.g., enterprise IT, internet of things (IOT)/connected products, and operational technology (OT)/supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)) and tailor the team’s priorities and focus around these requirements.
Have fun and be passionate – Lead with a desire to change the world, work hard, and most of all, to have fun.
· 10 years’ experience in security, compliance, and risk management, including privacy and controls
· Experience building security reference architecture for all-in cloud deployments and hybrid scenarios
· Implementation experience with enterprise security solutions such as WAF, IPS/IDS, Anti-DDOS, and SIEM
· BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred, equivalent experience or equivalent experience. CISSP preferred
· Experience delivering results across IT solutions to Fortune 500 enterprise customers
· Familiarity with security topics across the full lifecycle (NIST) of identify, protect, detect, respond, and recover. Familiarity with frameworks, ISO 27001, AWS Cloud Adoption Framework, AWS Well-Architected
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Proven background in executive level reporting. Ability to clearly construct strategic plans, business outcome messaging and write complex technical documents that can be presented across a varied enterprise corporate audience
· Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills
· Ability to work remotely, attend online meetings across global time zones and travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed
Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
· Hands-on technical expertise in building security capabilities in code and deploying infrastructure in code
· Proven experience building enterprise security strategy for cloud adoption or driving the program's evolution to meet new requirements
· Experience in Cloud Computing technologies, scripting languages (JSON, Python, RoR, etc), integrating 3rd party monitoring tools, encryption tools, and forensics
· Demonstrated experience overcoming workload transition challenges
· Demonstrated understanding what it means to draw out customer needs and deliver practical outcomes addressing those needs
· Market experience in one or more of the following: financial services, telecommunications, industrial manufacturing, energy, consumer products, high-tech, media and entertainment, and automotive
· Business development experience including complex agreements with integrators and ISVs
· International sales and delivery experience with global Fortune 500 enterprise customers and partners
· Multinational cultural market experience – having working across EMEA is preferred
· Visible thought leadership on relevant topics related to cloud-based security technologies
Job ID: 8893