Amazon’s Public Relations (PR) team is seeking a highly intelligent, culturally-aware Planner / Creative Strategist to help develop insights and build creative strategies for the Consumer PR and Social team’s through-the-line communications campaigns in EMEA. The team develops and manages communications for Amazon’s retail businesses across EMEA and for Amazon Prime, delivering events such as Prime Day, Black Friday, product and service launches, events, and more. The team are responsible for delivering high-impact consumer PR campaigns and events, managing the Amazon brand social media channels, and delivering influencer campaigns at scale.
This role will be responsible for identifying and developing consumer insights which underpin creative ideas and campaigns that drive awareness and understanding of our products and services, increase consideration of our brand, and help communicate our intentions and actions as a business. This will entail working closely not just with the EMEA Campaigns and Social team on major campaign moments – such as Prime Day and Black Friday - but also with Consumer PR leads from across nine countries to develop local strategies, as well as PR leads for our key retail businesses (including Prime, Grocery, Fashion, and Amazon Business). The individual will also work with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including our internal research team, marketing, comms teams across the business, and various creative agencies. Sitting at the crossroads of earned media and organic and paid social, this individual must be highly customer-focused, resourceful, and able to work autonomously. Comfortable with data, they will be even more passionate about cultural trends and changing customer behaviours, and will have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Key responsibilities include:
· Crafting customer-led communications strategies based on sound data and actionable insight
· Helping raise the creative bar by developing engaging, focused, customer-centric briefs for internal creative teams and agency partners
· Working with internal research teams and external trends agencies to ensure our work is modern, relevant, and laser-focused on customer needs and behaviours
· Partnering with other team members to ensure we are identifying and setting meaningful goals, and ensuring we are accurately measuring what matters
· Helping keep the Consumer PR team abreast of emerging trends in consumer retail and connected to the changing behaviours of key audience segments
· Strategic thinker – able to work backwards from the customer, comfortable working with data, and with a track record of contributing to industry-leading creative work
· Culturally curious – abreast of latest trends across multiple sectors and able to identify opportunities to adapt our communications strategies to be more impactful
· A natural collaborator – comfortable working independently in fast-paced environment, but able to work across multiple organisations to synthesise existing data into new insights
· A ‘customer first’ communicator – experience and capability across multiple channels and formats, with a clear understanding of the benefits of delivering integrated work
· A strong understanding of measurement – with the ability build creative strategies that have measurable outcomes, matched with a passion for continuously testing and learning new approaches
· Highly organised - able to juggle able to juggle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while managing essential admin and reporting work
· Educated to a degree level
· Extensive experience of developing strategies for communications campaigns (ideally across both earned and social media), either in-house or agency side
· Experience working with international brands at scale
· Experience of multiple industry trends tools, reports and services
· Experience working in global or pan-EMEA roles
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong competency in Office software (Outlook, Excel etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Job ID: 16310