Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is anchored on embracing a growth mindset, where anyone can change, learn, and grow. Four attributes allow this growth mindset to flourish: obsessing over what matters to our customers, becoming more diverse and inclusive in everything we do and create, operating as one company instead of multiple siloed businesses and lastly, to making a difference in the lives of each other, our customers and the world around us. You can help us build our culture and achieve our mission.
The Device Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We build, market and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with partners, including OEMs, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to build devices that consume our cloud, innovate with device partners, and transform how we sell devices and services with partners.
Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners engage consumers, students, and businesses worldwide. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and contributing to our partnership engagements that build, market and launch devices and solutions worldwide. You will also be part of a people-first culture leading with inclusion and values that supports a growth mindset, equality, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
It is the Device Marketer’s mission to market and sell modern commercial devices, win the hearts and minds of Microsoft Education customers, and maximize Windows Server and Office SMB revenue opportunities.
The Device Marketer drives activations of Windows Pro and Education PCs and exceeds/achieves Server and Office SMB revenue through modern marketing tactics in partnership with OEMs through commercial channel partners and with direct enterprise customers.
This role is essential in driving the digital transformation through partners and bringing the modern workplace to life for customers. We need strong regional leaders to drive holistic One Microsoft plans, land our curated collection of hero products, identify new transformative growth opportunities, and regularly represent the voice our partners, customers, and colleagues. By joining this team, you will play a vital role in the continued growth of the Modern Workplace business, a multi-billion-dollar business!
- Creates, drives, and influences content roadmaps (e.g., product, enablement, recruit, incentives/investments) with partners and internal/external stakeholders based on research and expert-level understanding marketing trends, as well as business, industry, and competitive landscapes.
- Contributes to the investment process by helping to identify, executing on, and scoping new/existing business opportunities to drive strategic impact for Microsoft (e.g., revenue upside, new device growth, optimization of investment buckets).
- Makes recommendations on and executes best uses of investment landings across functions and groups.
- Conducts analyses to measure success metrics of products/projects (e.g., return on investment [ROI], return on spend).
- Identifies trends in partner and competitive data to help assess the impact of a campaign/project, as well as long term needs and risks.
- Changes and adapts partner marketing approach and projects based on feedback and evaluation of data.
- Creates new quantitative marketing models that valuate, prioritize, and target segments, audiences, and programs
- Ensures legal, privacy, brand, marketing funding, statement of work, store-specific developer policies, and marketing proof of execution compliance of products, processes, and policies are followed across teams and functions.
- Designs, executes, and localizes end-to-end partner experiences (e.g., digital marketing, visual merchandising, partner events, lead sharing, and demos) by leveraging marketing assets and through the assistance of other teams.
- Localize and land the marketing campaigns and resources to drive lead generation through our partner ecosystem that can be leveraged by account teams with our partners based on their marketing capabilities
- Build/Own the external readiness plan and enablement resources for our partner sales teams to ensure successful capability building around the DPS product stack and how modern endpoints drive cloud consumption and growth
- Drives partner-to-partner collaboration of marketing activities to build impact of partner experiences and solutions/offerings.
Partner Marketing Management
- Owns/drives trusted senior executive-level partner marketing relationships in order to work towards mutual business objectives and alignment to partner's priorities to establish trust and credibility.
- Advises and aligns partners on marketing best practices as a subject matter expert.
- Engages with, identifies, and influences key executive-level external partner stakeholders and decision makers on different teams.
- Drives effective communication of marketing messages and product/program incentive changes through and to partners and across communication channels.
- Identifies and anticipates gaps in partner capabilities and capacity and drives plans to address current and future gaps to build partner capability and capacity and drive partner sharing
- Drives demand generation to build partner co-sell pipeline through solution area sales plays execution and with partner-to-partner (P2P).
- 5-10 years sales, marketing, or business development experience, ideally with OEM partners
- Strong communication and collaboration skills essential to drive cross-functional success
- Understanding of and passion for the channel and through partner marketing, to ensure our partners can be successful with our product and solutions
- Growth mindset to help drive the cloud transformation of the DPS business
- Strategic acumen and business experience to drive connected business planning and holistic go to market approaches with our partner ecosystem
- Thriving in ambiguity and challenging status quo
- Background in PC hardware and/or the commercial hardware channel is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.