The Operator is an hourly position and is responsible for bagging all finished product per standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the Quincy Commercial Feed facility.
Work Duties and Required Skills
- Follow the expectations of all Safety, Health, Environmental, and Quality standards.
- Place finished product in proper packaging as stated on the production schedule.
- Ensure finished product amount is accurate when compared to the production schedule, and report any variances to correct personnel.
- Verify the lot number, product code, and tag code listed on the ingredient is placed on the batch paperwork and verified by another colleagues and applied properly.
- Take product samples on specified batches per quality regulation and retain samples.
- Ensure product quality expectations are met and Good Manufacturing Practices are followed.
- Responsible for ensuring area is kept clean and completion of all listed housekeeping duties per the master sanitation schedule.
- Replenish packaging materials. Ex. Pallets, stretch wrap, slip sheets, etc.
- Operate both toting, tub, and bagging lines.
- Work with other Operations colleagues to effectively communicate production issues.
- Participate in shift exchange review and response meetings to communicate your key process indicator performance.
- Once qualified, provide mentoring and training to new colleagues in the Packaging Operator position.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Leadership.
At times, overtime will be required.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.