AGCO is seeking a Global Commodity Manager to join their Labor/Travel/Marketing Global team in Duluth, GA. The Global Commodity Manager, a highly visible role, will be responsible for the development and implementation of global strategic sourcing plans for Human Resources, Contingent Labor and Travel and Marketing Commodities, and the operational management and expansion of the Global Contingent Workforce & Travel Program. The Commodity Manager will interact on a regular basis with senior management including the Senior Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources while facilitating corporate initiatives to ensure best in class commodity performance results for the company. This position also includes the North American management of professional services categories and global travel. The role reports to the Director of Global Indirect Goods & Services. The scope is global and North America region with a $2300M spent. Success is measured based on spending addressed, value delivered, and overall service to stakeholders.
Job Function and Responsibilities
• Develops global commodity strategy based on data analysis and market trends, prepares financial models, identifies opportunities for efficiency gains and cost savings, and presents results to internal business partners. Implements and executes on results.
• Gathers technical business requirements, manages the RFx process, negotiates contract terms, implements risk mitigation plan for enterprise agreements.
• Influences, leads, and/or directs the development of global projects from inception to completion, appropriately involving others in decisions and plans that affect them. Surfaces problems and issues before projects get derailed.
• Sources and manages global large suppliers to include but not limited to recruiting, benefits, HR operations, training, relocation, outplacement, payroll, airlines, hotels, rental cars, travel agencies., Includes overseeing the management of the global travel program.
Potentially sources and manages North America large suppliers to include but not limited to advertising agencies, meetings & events agencies. Includes overseeing the management of the global travel program.,
• Sources and manages North American suppliers to include but not limited to finance, legal and engineering services.
• Collaborates with business partners to develop, engage and lead supplier relationships for extracting the greatest value in cost, performance, risk management, sustainability, and innovation. Manages the ongoing performance of suppliers.
• Gathers competitive intelligence including best practices, emerging / potential sources of competitive advantage, market pricing, benchmarking, etc.
• Tracks and reports savings/business value for each executed strategy and/or contract
• Is recognized as a trusted advisor by business partners and a valued member of the team.
Partner with HR, Legal, IT, Finance, Audit, Compliance, hiring managers, and other departments to ensure AGCO leverages contingent workers as part of broader resource strategies in a streamlined and efficient manner while maintaining appropriate risk review, oversight, and compliance.
•Ensure compliance and improve the processes for on-boarding, extending, and terminating contingent workers: expand to all non-employees. Manage the relationship with the Managed Service Providers and Vendor Management Systems to drive supplier performance on key KPIs.
Possess a four-year degree in purchasing, supply chain or related field; MBA preferred
CCWP, CPSM, CPM, PMP, or similar certifications preferred
Qualifications and Experience
5 to 7 years experience in a purchasing, sourcing, or related field with preferred experience in Fortune 500 manufacturing company, HR, and Travel commodities.
Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with a diverse internal team, executive leadership, and suppliers. Effectively and positively presents solutions in ambiguous or difficult situations.
Strong orientation to relationship building and change management.
Excellent negotiation and analytical skills.
Manages priorities and competing demands, with a sense of optimism, flexibility, and ownership, effectively managing internal customer expectations.
Experienced with multi-step strategic sourcing processes, e-commerce tools, consortium buys, off-shoring, insourcing, outsourcing, and/or implementation of large projects.
Is results-oriented, proactive, demonstrating a degree of autonomy at global and cross-functional levels with strong strategic/long-term planning skills and thought leadership.
Showcases understanding of the enterprise-wide financials, EBITDA, and working capital.
Is experienced in managing supplier performance through SLA or KPI.
Committed to a \"One Team\" approach within AGCO and with suppliers
Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite software
Foreign language comprehension is preferred but not a requirement
Travel Required: 20% - 25% domestic and global travel