Maintenance Millwright – Decatur Complex - Decatur, IL
This is a full time, hourly position
The Millwright position will provide support of preventative and failure based maintenance as required by the plant’s needs. Installs and maintains machinery and equipment using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools and power tools. The position works to accomplish priorities of day-to-day operations and resolve related problems. Assist with reliability troubleshooting as needed.
- You can expect to be assigned to one of the following facilities: Bio Products, Corn, East, or West.
- You should be available to work any shift, overtime, weekends and holidays as required. The shift schedules include 8 or 12 hour shifts on a rotational or swing schedule (i.e. seven day swing and/or rotational)
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment, and successfully completes all safety certification requirements
- Expected to be self-directed
- Daily review with colleagues to discuss current projects and priorities
- Have a thorough knowledge of equipment, operations, and processes through the plant
- Troubleshoot mechanical failures
- Repair and rebuild mechanical equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, piping, valves, compressors, agitators
- Assists with the installation of new equipment as required
- Utilize Maximo to help handle work orders and materials
- Installation of conveyor and auger systems
- Work as a team or independently to fulfill the needs of the facility
- Recommend changes, modifications or up-grades of equipment to better operations
- Possesses an enhanced level of knowledge of blueprints, files, parts, vendors, equipment specifications and related manuals
- Able to produce accurate documentation of work, modifications to equipment, etc.
- Able to communicate, both orally and written, with colleagues in operations and maintenance
- Champion corporate-level initiatives designated for operations facilities (safety, environmental, quality, ethics, etc.)
- Report food safety, quality, environmental, and occupational safety issues to the Plant Manager and the responsible personnel, and aid in the remediation of such issues
- Dedication to ADM’s goal of achieving a zero injury culture by being an active participant in safety programs
- Understand and follow company and safety procedures
- Promotes the ADM Way and Core Values
- Learn and follow written rules and procedures
- Requires 2-4 years of experience in the maintenance field or in a related area
- Be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within industrial maintenance
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Strong mechanical skills, working knowledge of manual and powered tools, level and alignment skills, trouble-shooting to formulate a plan and procedure for completing a task and meet time constraints
- Be adaptable, self-starter and thorough
- Possess good troubleshooting skills and have a high attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is needed
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Possess strong communication skills both oral and written
- Have regular, prompt attendance
- Have the ability to climb stairs, perform some lifting, sit and stand for long periods, work in confined spaces, working with heights, bending, kneeling, and respirator qualified
- Able to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as hot and cold temperatures, and a dusty environment
- Able to complete the Olsen Maintenance Battery Test at a satisfactory level
- Able to complete Company training as required
- Able and willing to work rotating shift work, holidays, and overtime
- Position may require being on call on weekends
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.