Perform mechanical maintenance on equipment and facilities of a large scale corn milling plant, with a heavy emphasis on Maintenance Reliability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Disassembles and diagnoses mechanical failures, and performs difficult repairs on production and facilities equipment as required
- Performs preventive maintenance duties on vehicles, material handling, and production equipment as required, and maintains knowledge of equipment, operations and processes throughout the plant
- Conducts regular inspections of production equipment to determine immediate and future maintenance requirements
- Installs new equipment as required aligning equipment for production use as required
- Participates in waste and cost saving programs, providing recommendations for the improvement in related procedures
- Performs welding tasks as required in repairing plant production equipment
- Communicates effectively with plant operators in order to anticipate maintenance requirements or repair projects
- Rebuilds pumps, motors, seals, gearboxes, and similar production equipment, and may discuss equipment purchase decisions with the department lead or supervisor
- Will provide work direction to less experienced Maintenance Mechanics as required
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment, and successfully completes all safety certification requirements
- Support and comply with all food safety, quality, and legality requirements
- May perform reasonably similar or related duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Strong safety values
- Basic knowledge of machine mechanical systems acquired through training or experience
- Ability to use millwright hand tools and power tools
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of blueprints, equipment specifications and related manuals
- Basic welding skills
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility in accepting change
- Communication (spoken and written) and teamwork skills
- Reliability in reporting to work and willingness to work overtime as required
- Willingness to participate in training to continue developing skills
- Able to understand and comply with plant GMP and personnel practice requirements
- Ability to satisfactorily complete a maintenance aptitude and hands-on test
- High school diploma or equivalent with strong fundamental skills (math, reading, writing, basic computer skills)
- Knowledge of Corn Milling Operations a strong plus
- Minimum of 2 years work experience
- Experience with and use of technical measuring tools in millwright trade a plus
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment medical, respirator questioner, and back ground check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit www.adm.com
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.