Are you a Maintenance Electrician looking for a unique challenge?
We are currently recruiting for a number of dedicated and enthusiastic Maintenance Electricians across our venues. As part of our venue-based Technical & Building Services department, you will be responsible for a wide range of electrical maintenance works and projects to ensure our fantastic London venues are maintained to the highest standards.
You will be the ‘on call/ on duty’ venue technician and will control and manage the activities of venue contractors whilst on site.
At LW theatres, we are a family of individuals and believe in a positive working environment where teamwork and personal development is key. This is an excellent opportunity for a conscientious, proactive and self-motivated individual with a keen eye for detail.
What you’ll be doing…
Working closely with the Technical & Building Services Manager you will:
- Ensure the quality of the technical presentation throughout the venue by introducing practical regimes and arrangements to ensure an exemplary standard is maintained.
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are in place for the effective management of:
- The maintenance and upkeep of the venue.
- The electrical installation, lighting and emergency lighting.
- Fire safety and suppression equipment.
- Technical facilities such as digital screens, door access systems, tills and CCTV.
- The continuous supply of metered utilities.
- Telephony and IT solution.
- The venues facilities, services and fixtures and fittings.
- Electrical building projects.
- Act as duty technician to make sure work in the venue adheres to the Company’s working practices and guidelines.
- Order essential supplies for the building, maintaining appropriate stock levels, with approval from the Technical & Building Services Manager.
- Monitor health and safety performance in line with Company policy and statutory provisions at all times, ensuring a positive and proactive approach to Health & Safety.
- Have appropriate risk assessments in place, regularly updating them and make recommendations to the Technical & Building Services Manager.
- Assist with general maintenance issues; ensuring all technical equipment owned by LW Theatres Group is maintained to the required standards.
- Support with the practical application of the Group’s Health and Safety policy in respect of building services management.
- Support with the management of building services with proportionate, suitable and sufficient regard to the Technical Standards for Places of Public Entertainment, Local Authority Rules of Management and other relevant legislation, regulation, guidance, ACOP etcetera.
- Contribute to the delivery of a suitable and sufficient maintenance and inspection regime for all building services. This shall include arranging inspections, analysing maintenance and inspection reports and taking appropriate action in each case.
What we need…
- A recognised electrical qualification such as C&G 2330, 2365 etc is desirable or the ability to demonstrate the knowledge and experience listed below.
- Knowledge & experience of In-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment (PAT testing)
- Knowledge and experience of electrical installation in a commercial & industrial environment.
- Knowledge and experience of inspection and testing. A City and Guilds 2395 is ideal.
- Good working knowledge of the Health & Safety requirements associated with building maintenance.
- The ability to build positive working relationships and successfully balance a busy workload while working under pressure.
- Ability to work either as part of a team or independently.
- Willingness to challenge existing working methods and to recommend new working practices.
- Knowledge of Construction and Design Management 2015.
- A working knowledge of Technical Standards for Places of Entertainment.
Deadline for applications: 5th September 2021
Diversity & Inclusion
At LW Theatres, we pride ourselves on being a family of individuals and actively welcome applicants from all backgrounds – it’s one of our core values and we believe celebrating our differences is key to success.
At the heart of our Company is a culture of inclusion where everyone feels seen and heard and can be themselves at work. Regardless of your background, all we ask is that you have the skills and experience required and the desire to succeed. In return, we pledge to ensure that our selection process is both transparent and fair.
We are also open to discussing opportunities to work flexibly.
This role may close early if a sufficient number of applications are received
Job ID: 103