Job Description and Qualifications
The Material handling Engineer is responsible for:
- To be Material handling Engineer within Air Products’ Gasification Engineering organization to support Air Products’ global coal and liquid gasification business. To follow and ensure competitiveness, successful asset creation, productive internal and external interfaces, and technical risk management. Asset creation work can involve bidding, executing, commissioning & startup of projects.
- This job position will be assigned to perform equipment specification development, vendor design drawing and spec review and make sure the vendor manufacturing is meeting specification, and conduct machinery commissioning and start up for all AP Shanghai executed gasification projects. It will require the individual who possesses the relative high level of machinery experience and background and is able to perform the mentioned responsibilities and provide proper technical judgment during these engineering activities.
- To fulfill the requirements of the position the incumbent must develop collaborative working relationships with GEM team members (within region and global), Operations, Procurement, Technology and EPC Company as contractor for the project
- Support project material handling machinery for gasification project
- Support lead engineer to develop and deliver Machinery engineering execution strategies with job team for the project to consistently delivering on project commitments in terms of man-hours, cost, schedule, quality and performance. Accountable for flawless execution to above manners for the project.
- Support machinery team leader to maintain the flawless execution to ongoing project from preEFFD, PDP, BED, DED and commissioning phase
- Lead on key engineering detail of the material handling process and auxiliaries in process gas field, such as coal milling, coal transfer equipment, coal predryer, slag crushing, etc etc.
- Leading on machinery engineering works during commissioning & startup phase.
- Follow machinery material handling work procedures for global gasification machinery engineering and align with global functional team. Proactively participate global machinery community activities, share lesson learned experiences and best practices with global machinery team.
- Issue or approve of engineering specification, data sheets, technical evaluation, bid conditioning, review of vendor documentations. Take lead for EPC material handling coordination and management. Work closely with Sourcing team to identify local vendors for gasification area to maximize the localization of equipment manufacture within China. Leverage the current AP supplier pool.
- Provide technical support during fabrication and installation phase for under execution project. Lead all machinery activities during commissioning phases, co-ordination with project, EPC company, operation and construction team, resolving problems during engineering stages.
- Support machinery execution strategy setting, define the scope, assess and document the risk. Regularly communicate with global technology manager or technical leads on the risk assessment. Work with team for technical risk mitigation plan follow up.
- Support the technical investigation, analysis and trouble shootings, and clarify engineering and technical issues with vendors to meet project specific requirement. Provide sound judgment and suggestions to critical technical decision making in time.
- Review to ensure the machinery engineering work done by team applies industry engineering standard, design codes and principles
- Support machinery lesson learn event and initiative continuous improvement activities,
- Communication with Air Products technical personnel and management locally and globally
- Supporting to all projects execution activities. Share experiences/ best practices with team, provide necessary training to team members to accelerate machinery team capabilities.
- Bachelor Degree or above in Machinery or Mechanical Engineering related majors with at least 5 years of engineering experience in material handling process and equipment areas in Coal Gasification, Coal Chemical, Oil & Gas, or Petrochemical Industry.
- Passion to learn
- EPC company experience as machinery engineer
- Fully conversant with internationally recognized codes API, ASME, TEMA, IEC, etc. Familiarity with the requirements of local China codes is highly essential.
- Besides experience in machinery engineering, the basic knowledge on pressure vessel, process, piping, electrical, control and instrumentation engineering will be a big plus.
- Good management skill, good communication and people skills.
- Speak and write fluent English and interact with engineers from US, Europe and Asia.