The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is a position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Technology Skills &Competencies
- Possess expert level (hands-on) knowledge and understanding in JAVA/J2EE spring boot, spring frameworkstack
- Ability to code, do code reviews and recommend best practices
- Ability to contribute in high and low level system design (Sequence diagram, class diagrams)
- Deep understanding of Microservice and Microservices best practices, patterns
- Hands-ons MongoDB experience and understanding of Kafka highly desirable
- SpringBoot / Microservices and event based architecture / Consuming REST API experience
- Kafka, Streaming experience
Service oriented architecture, and data standards like JSON, Avro, Parquet
Agile/Scrum methodology experience is required.
Experience in SCMs like GIT; and tools like JIRA
Strong systems analysis, design and architecture fundamentals, Unit Testing and other SDLC activities
Strong communication skills, should be able to communicate effectively with business and other stakeholders
• 5 – 12 yrs. years of relevant experience in Apps Development or systems analysis role
• Extensive experience system analysis and in UI programming of software applications
• Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
• Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
• Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
• Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience