We are looking for an Imports Operator to join a very busy, loud and vibrant expanding team working for one of our clients based in Essex. You will need to have previous import experience, be keen and willing to learn the customs clearance process and be enthusiastic with strong communication skills, both written and oral.
As you will be responsible for ensuring that the activity between suppliers, agents and customers runs as smoothly as possible you should be able to demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
You will be involved with the processing of bookings and arranging road, sea and air imports from all over the world. Using your outstanding customer service skills you will build strong business relationships with agents and customers. Our client will offer the successful candidate training in customs clearance. Once trained you will be responsible for completing customs entries in compliance with HMRCE regulations along with managing deliveries and assisting with agents and customer quotations.
Skills and experience required for this role are:
* Experience in a similar import role and the willingness to learn.
* Customer clearance knowledge would be a distinct advantage but is not essential.
* Outstanding customer service and problem solving skills.
* Good numeracy, verbal and written communication.
* Strong planning and organisational abilities.
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Fully conversant with Microsoft Office Suite.
In return for your hard work our client offers:-
* Flexi hours - 8.00am - 4.00pm or 9.00am - 5.00pm or 10.00am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday
* On-site parking
* 20 days holiday
* Opportunity to train further
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to further their experience and knowledge in Import Operations.
Job ID: 16269