What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure projects are successfully delivered and no penalties are incurred.
- Deliver new client implementations on time, to budget and to quality standards.
- Support and develop team/staff to enable client service excellence and create innovate solutions.
- Own and promote best practice within the team and oversee/sign off process improvements.
- Support the Programme/Project Managers in steering projects to successful closure and influence approach for all project deliverables, ensure all projects are resourced appropriately, escalating where this is a risk.
- Review all project and Team documentation for quality standards and ensure process change is incorporated.
- Manage the specific Implementation Team and ensure all people management tasks are carried out as appropriate and that staff are developed, mentored and trained as required to fulfil their roles.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of client interaction and dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong technical pensions knowledge in DB schemes and able to explain complex matters
- Operations background and management/leadership skills
- Experience of Schemes analysis and an understanding of pensions legislation
- Experience of owning and driving multiple projects
- Is able to draft proforma and specify complex calculations and operational processes for all pension event types/Scheme types.
About Capita Pensions Solutions:
At Capita Pension Solutions (CPS), we create and implement resilient and responsible pension strategies to help your organisation and your people look forward to a more secure financial future. From pensions administration and consultancy, to the latest technology and engagement techniques, we help ensure sustainable investments which support your success. Join us and discover better ways to engage with and value today’s employees.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive
Job ID: 4055