At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
We are seeking a seasoned HR Business Partner to support our finance, commercial and development teams, comprising over 200 people. In this job, you’ll ensure employees have a seamless experience when engaging with HR, develop and analyze reports to support leaders, execute employee transactions in our HRIS, Workday, and partner with our global centers of excellence (total rewards, talent management, learning & development) to design and implement programs that meet the needs of AES’ Clean Energy business unit.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Recruiting and Onboarding:
· Support hiring managers in opening positions, obtaining pay ranges from global compensation COE, creating job requisitions, and following up with recruiters on hiring progress
· Participate in on-site and virtual career fairs in support of the organizations’ talent and DEI objectives
· Following our global and local onboarding process, meet with recently-hired employees to explain role of HR, who to call for what and address any questions
· Communicate with local leaders about the talent review, assessment, and calibration process
· Schedule calibration sessions
· Facilitate calibrations (discussions and system) and update succession plans in Workday for all eligible positions
· Assist managers in developing Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) for employees; guide managers in challenging employee relations matters, including terminations
Employee Relations and Data Mgmt.
· Answer employee and manager questions related to HR programs and processes
· Escalate Time and Labor Management system issues to appropriate parties, and follow up to ensure sustainable resolutions are introduced
· Perform analysis on an ad hoc basis, as requested by leaders
· Maintain HR data integrity by ensuring data input is accurate and consistent. Audit people data and troubleshoot and correct irregularities. Support data governance processes
· Address a high volume of system-related activities in a timely fashion while maintaining a high level of quality and internal customer satisfaction
· Support periodic processes and ad hoc projects as needed, to cover periods of peak volume and/or advance strategic initiatives
· BA/BS in business, human resources, organizational leadership, social science, business administration, or related field is required
· 5-10 years’ experience in program management, process improvement, analytical and/or HR discipline, preferably in a professional setting
· Working knowledge of Workday
· Highly proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook; knowledge of MS Teams preferred
· Ability to maintain confidentiality, across all levels and all times
· Experience in change management, leading change, and/or project management
· Strong business acumen: ability and desire to understand the organization
· Superior attention to detail
· Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Strong influencing and collaboration skills
· Ability to see the big picture and solve for the details
· Available for travel 20% or more of the time
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Safety comes first at AES. To protect the health and safety of our people, customers, communities and partners, and to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, AES requires all newly-hired people or current AES people applying for U.S.-based role(s), to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be willing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their date of hire. Except where prohibited by law or not specifically covered in a collective bargaining agreement, new hires and transfers will be required to provide proof of vaccination during onboarding and periodically thereafter. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.