GPU Developer Technology Engineer - 111766
The AMD Game Engineering team works closely with external games software developers and publishers to build some of the best games in the world. We help them to fully exploit the technical capabilities of AMD's hardware products.
Our aim is to raise the standards for gaming graphics and performance. We do everything in our power to make the user understand why they were right to buy AMD products.
Come join a winning team!
The ideal candidate is a highly skilled software designer and engineer, strong in 3D math, proficient in C and C++ and the efficient use of discrete GPUs, APUs, and CPUs. You are a team-collaborator and motivated to do things others might find too difficult. Come join a winning team of innovators and craft the future of technology.
- Work with the external game development partners of AMD to enable them to produce their applications as efficiently as possible
- Optimize game and application performance for discrete GPUs, APUs and CPUs.
- Design and implement rendering effects using established APIs
- Integrate features into game titles with a focus on ray tracing
- Efficiently crafting C/C++ game code for Windows and knows all about data structures, design patterns, language features, standard libraries and writing easy-to-understand code
- Has practical hands-on experience with DirectX 12 and /or Vulkan development tools and techniques for Windows
- Has strong graphics code optimization skills, in particular shader code optimizations
- Understands that requirements are rarely flawless and is willing to extract the spirit of the requirement to make the system or software better
- Strong verbal and written communication skills while working in a dynamic team environment
- Is willing to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis
- GCN / RDNA graphics architecture experience
- Experience with DirectX 12 and/or Vulkan graphics APIs
- Experience with ray tracing
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent