Global Account Director – Food Service, McDonalds – Chicagoland Area
As a Global Lead for McDonalds, you will be part of the ADM Nutrition team with an opportunity to sell an integrated portfolio of ADM ingredients, flavor, color and functional ingredients and finished product solutions. Nutrition offers a range of innovative ingredients for the beverage, food, supplement, and personal care markets. As a global market leader in food proteins, ADM’s Nutrition group also manufactures numerous health and nutrition products, flavors, colors, lecithin, hydrocolloids and polyols. You will be responsible for sales in your territory with full accountability to lead, manage and grow business within your targeted area of food service for McDonalds. This role will be located remotely in the Chicagoland area.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Impact & Influence
Strategic Business Planning
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate with ADM and ADM Nutrition leaders to support overall McDonalds business
- Maintain and defend global base business.
- Develop and grow profitable incremental business at assigned accounts with primary focus on Food and Beverage business across a range of channels including top tier and mid-tier CPG companies, manufacturers for foodservice and private label, product development companies, and others.
- Must collaborate across ADM business units to drive growth and bring value to customers.
- Ability to navigate across all levels and within all functions of the customer’s organization and internally within ADM.
- Manage customer relationships with Research & Development, Purchasing, Marketing, organizations.
- Develop and manage relationships with top management at key customers.
- Be the interface with the customer’s technical team in order to drive new business, develop relationships and participate on all development projects.
- Negotiate best possible pricing.
- Develop sustainable and profitable incremental business with assigned accounts throughout the territory/channel segments
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer and ADM Nutrition business segments in order to spot trends, resolve problems and be the customer’s most valuable resource.
- Examine customer’s strategic plans/needs and align ADM Nutrition capabilities to focus, execute and deliver against those plans.
- Create and implement Account Development Plans focused on driving sales, developing strategic and tactical plans, calls on customers, presents new concepts/products and ensures a superior customer experience.
- Develop sound business recommendations to management team based on analysis, insight, experience and judgment, complying with company guiding principles, growth strategies and utilization of sales/negotiation process.
- Serves as the company leader to guide the business unit’s product development team towards a successful execution against the top customer opportunities.
- Counsels and advises management on market trends and competitive activity encountered in the field.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Timely and detailed management of territory reports, budgets, forecasts, customer agreements and opportunity management system information.
- Supports company-wide efforts to drive profitable sales growth and overall positive market reputation for ADM Nutrition.
- Develop full understanding of ingredients portfolio and how to leverage with the customer.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- More than 5 years successful sales history with flavor and/or ingredient sales focus in the food & beverage industry
- Extensive experience working directly with McDonalds and co-manufacturing partners for McDonalds
- An undergraduate degree is required, preferably in a Technical discipline. An MBA or related advanced degree is desirable.
- Excellent project management, self-organization, presentation and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual, driven to develop profitable business opportunities with minimal supervision.
- Must work autonomously and with a team.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and general online computer connectivity.
- Leader who takes ownership and is accountable for delivering results.
- Must have a well-defined strategic approach to developing accounts and executing new win revenue.
- Desire to understand the technical performance and application of WFSI ingredients.
- Internal drive and passion to create relationships and win sustainable business.
Could be up to 50%
Relocation is available with this position.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.