The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities. The primary purpose of this role is to lead Change Management work from Pune for GFT Product Control & Accounting Tech Team. The role involves lot of collaboration with different teams, understanding application landscape across Citi and ensuring operating fundamentals are followed consistently. The role forms part of GFT Product Control & Accounting Tech Team in Pune. The Team is responsible for establishing a Finance wide, cross-application, Centralized and Standardized end to end Infrastructure, Change Management Governance framework covering 90+ applications in Citi. 90+ applications are categorized into various capabilities like Accounting, Ledger, Controls, Product Processors and Reporting.
- Adopting a standard process to ensure all change requests coming from each application key stakeholders are being received, reviewed, and approved in consistent fashion.
- Collaborating with different teams across Citi to ensure proactive Cross application/downstream impact analysis.
- DevOps – Responsible for building standard CICD pipeline across all applications using Jenkins, Bitbucket and SonarQube.
- Common Release Calendar – Ensuring all applications follow standard release calendar, no manual deployments, No last-minute changes, No emergency releases
- Testing Framework – Ensuring Test cases are documented in Jira covering functional, non-functional regression, integration, user acceptance and production assurance testing.
- Ensuring All releases to have documented release runbook and post deployment checkouts.
- Working with multiple stakeholders to improve GFT Risk and Control Scorecard.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills including off-site teams: ability to build team, delegate, and mentor others, assist the team in achieving goals.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Excellent communication and internal customer management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels.
- 8+ Years of experience in software or IT covering Finance Technology in Banking or Financial Industry.
- 4+ Years of experience in Change Management/Release Management in enterprise scale platforms, products, or frameworks.
- Strong experience in Jira and experience on agile methodology is must.
- Experience with ServiceNow or relevant tool.
- ITIL or CSM certification would be an advantage.
- Experience with Jenkins, Bitbucket and SonarQube is good to have.
- The role demands strong understanding of Technology, processes, and ability to work with teams globally.
- Ability to interact with partner systems/ teams / Production management in improving system health, data flows, scalability of the platform.
- Strong work organization and prioritization capabilities.
- Takes ownership and accountability for assigned work.
- Ability to manage multiple activities.
- Focused and determined in getting the job done right.
- Ability to identify and manage key risks and issues.
- Personal maturity and sense of responsibility.
- Shows drive, integrity, sound judgment, adaptability, creativity, self-awareness and an ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Sensitive to cultural and background differences and environments Confident and assertive.
- Values diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce.
- Appreciates differences in style or perspective
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.