The Financial Planning and Analysis Intermediate Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for providing management with an analysis and insight of Citi’s financial results in coordination with the broader Finance team. The overall objective is to apply analytical thinking, knowledge of data analysis and methodologies to create and analyze reports that gauge Citi’s alignment with forecasted performance.
- Analyze of Citi’s/Citi’s competitors’ financial performance
- Develop and coordinate the annual planning and periodic forecasting processes and review results against plans monthly including annual budget planning and monthly estimate process
- Generate flash results/highlights for Board of Directors’ reports and Executive Management reports
- Conduct various ad hoc analyses and strategically address issues that are complementary to the regular Planning and Analysis processes
- Participate in Quarterly Competitor Reviews, Quarterly Annotated Supplement, and Quarterly Investment Reports
- Aid with using metrics to evaluate proposed business decisions
- Execute time critical activities for client facing Financial Planning and Analysis teams
- Assist in the development of review with material for internal senior leadership internal and external regulator reviews
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- Experience in financial services preferred
- Knowledge of financial, analytical, and reporting tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Excel and PowerPoints skills preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.