ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Facility Preventative Maintenance Manager
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
The Preventative Maintenance Manager plans and directs analysis of service delivery utilizing data and statistics from all employed CMMS and QA and by performing the following duties at Central Piedmont Community College in Charlotte North Carolina.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes performance, schedules, quality assurance, upload of preventative and maintenance documents, review preventative maintenance documentation and develop new or modified the preventative maintenance program components in the CMMS.
- Consults with business unit management and personnel to identify and document service delivery needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting, and security requirements.
- Provides technical HVAC and BAS assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems, programs and procedures. Quality Assurance inspection of preventative maintenance that has been completed for
- Writes and maintains functional standard operational procedures for new or modified program elements.
- Consults and coordinates with client\'s oversight reps, ABM managers, administrative CMMS and area supervision to design and develop ongoing analytical dashboards and reports.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements quality assurance cadence and execution.
- Consults with departmental unit management and personnel to obtain additional information as part of ongoing reporting and benchmarking efforts.
- Helps to develop, test, install, and modify procedural approaches to service delivery.
- Tracks and documents change to functional and business specifications.
- Creates or assists others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures.
- Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Preventative Maintenance team, has direct input, influence service delivery methods and protocols.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related HVAC/BAS/CMMS Analytics experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting software; CMMS and QA Platforms, Contact Management systems; Database software; Design software; Development software; Internet software; Inventory software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet and analytics software such as Power Bi or Tableau or Qlic Sense etc. and Word Processing and Presentation software. Certification preferred
- School dude Maintenance Direct or Asset Essentials experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current Drivers License
- 5S Certification
- Six Sigma
Other Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual Spanish English is a plus
- Fully aware of change management best practices
- Work primarily schedule will be M-F first or second shift (TBD), on call, rotational duty weeks, be able to work nights and weekends.
- Hands on HVAC Experience and proper certifications preferred.
- BAS (building Automation Systems) experience and certification required.
- CMMS experience required.
- Computer analytics experience required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.