Job Description and Qualifications
Role: On Company Contract (1 Year)
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Rotating Equipment Engineer with significant shown experience to join the successful Machinery Engineering team based in the India office. You will play a relevant role in the project execution to deliver the assigned project scope.
Types of equipment that you will work with are broad-ranging and depend on the project scope; examples include centrifugal, reciprocating, and screw compression, process pumps, cryogenic pumps, fans, gas turbines, steam turbines, and associated auxiliary equipment.
As a Engineer-Machinery , you will:
- Own the execution for technical elements of critical rotating equipment on assigned projects during BED and DED phases with responsibility for delivering committed work on schedule and on-budget
- Represent the Machinery Engineering function in multi-functional project meetings including P&ID review, HAZOP, layout review, and model review
- Prepare technical specification packages for inquiry/purchase for critical rotating equipment and undertake technical evaluation, development, and technical risk assessment (including the development of associated risk mitigation plans) of supplier proposals
- Lead kick-off and design review meetings with suppliers of purchased critical rotating equipment
- Collaborate closely with the other engineering functions and coordinate multi-functional review of supplier drawings to facilitate the integration of purchased equipment into the overall plant design aligned with Air Products engineering standards, supplier requirements, and the project scope requirements
- Witness inspections and testing of purchased critical rotating equipment
- Provide technical support throughout the project construction and commissioning phases retaining overall technical responsibility for equipment until successful handover to the customer. Perform site inspections to ensure installation following Air Products and supplier requirements
- Provide feedback to continuously improve the competitiveness of internal global engineering standards and work processes
The role will require international travel to suppliers and project sites. Approximately 20% of your time may be spent traveling with extended durations at project job sites to support the construction, commissioning, and start-up of rotating equipment.
Background & Experience
As a Engineer-Machinery , you will have:
- Minimum of degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering with more than 10 years of experience.
- Should have Experienced in the process gases industry, oil and gas, Ammonia, Methanol, and SRU unit experience would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in the specification, evaluation, engineering, and inspection of rotating equipment for industries mentioned above in an EPC project environment. Experience in both Specifying Engineer and Owner’s Engineer roles would be an advantage
- Demonstrable experience in planning and owning the execution of critical rotating equipment with schedule and budget responsibility
- Demonstrable experience in the application of internationally recognized codes (API, ASME, TEMA, IEC, etc.)
- A dedicated and driven approach with a strong grasp of technical principal, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build strong working relationships, attention to detail, and desire to continually learn, improve and contribute.