Electrician- Lincoln, NE
This is an hourly Level position.
Under general supervision, performs maintenance, troubleshoots and repair projects on electrical production equipment as required.
- Participates actively in safety, and skills training in pursuit of personal improvement
- Identifies, troubleshoots electrical problems on equipment and facilities systems
- Performs routine electrical repair projects on production equipment such as breakers, PLC’s, motor controls, motors, and lighting fixtures in a professional manner
- Possesses knowledge of most plant processes and equipment, and may assist in the installation and wiring of new or modified electrical equipment, as instructed
- Possesses knowledge of detailed electrical schematics, drawings and blueprints required to assemble or repair electrical equipment, as required
- Assist inventory of electrical parts and related manuals to insure the efficient installation or repair of production equipment
- Monitors plant motors and starters, checking for hot spots, and completing required reports
- May remain on call in the event of electrical problems occurring on alternate shifts
- Possesses basic knowledge of instrumentation, and works closely with instrument and mechanical technicians in diagnosing and resolving equipment malfunctions
- Selects, installs and pulls wiring to required equipment locations, making connections, testing circuitry and performing related installation processes
- Conducts preventive and predictive maintenance duties on electrical production equipment
- Documents time spent and parts used on projects by completing time, parts and equipment records through use of the Maintenance Management System
- Good regular and prompt attendance record
- May perform reasonably similar or related duties as required
- Assists in keeping the department in tour ready condition
- Excellent safety record and awareness
- Previous plant electrical equipment experience
- Previous experience in Food Manufacturing facilities
- Instrument experience
- Electrical high voltage experience up to 4160V
- Good regular and prompt attendance history
- May be called in to work unusual or extended schedules due to equipment breakdowns or similar circumstances.
- Work with vibrating equipment on an occasional basis
- Working with potentially hazardous materials
- Indoor and outdoor
- Climbing stairs frequently
- Minimum of 2 years of industrial or commercial electrical experience and/or two (2) year degree (Required)
- Must successfully complete all ADM Safety Certification requirements
- Familiarity with NEC and NFPA 70E Requirements
- Basic knowledge of process equipment and electrical theory
- Good organizational and communication skills, and must be self-motivated
- Ability to team build, train, and work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work well with others and with little supervision – (Required)
- Proven housekeeping and sanitation skills (MSS)
- Accurate record keeping skills with general computer knowledge
- Strong knowledge of electrical field
- Basic maintenance skills, such as ability to use electrical tools, run conduit and pull wire
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical/respirator questionnaire and a background check.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.