We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
What you’ll be doing:
If you are able to maintain positive attitude even when everything goes wrong, if you are detail oriented and self-motivated with a passion to learn and improve your skills and knowledge, we have a perfect job for you!
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for supporting, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure.
- Proactively maintain and develop all Linux and Cloud infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
What we’re looking for:
- Previous working experience as a Linux / Cloud Administrator for 5 year(s)
- Amazon Web Services, CloudFormation, Elastic cache, CloudFront, S3, EC2, ELB, autoscalling, RDS, DynamoDB, EBS, EKS, AWSLambda
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar relevant degree
- IN depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.
- Hands on experience with MySQL and/or MongoDB
- Familiarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts
- Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Experience with any configuration management tools, e.g. Ansible (preferred), Puppet, Chef.
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Provision of standard toolsets within Capita, e.g. Terraform, Bitbucket, Jira, Chef, Jenkins etc.
- Experience with monitoring systems, e.g. Nagios, New Relic, DataDog, Splunk etc.
- Building Environments and pipelines for projects large and small.
- Experience with Docker container hosting (Kubernetes, RedShift etc.)
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Experience with configuration/customization Liferay platform
- Experience and knowledge of AWS, bare-metal and Virtual hosting.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary and benefits
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
About Capita Consulting
Capita Plc are the largest UK management, services, engineering and consultancy employing more than 55,000 staff aligned to providing services to the finance and critical infrastructure sectors and heavily aligned to all levels of government supporting key functions across the UK.
Our breadth of skills, services and reach makes us the UK's top player in delivering management, engineering and development consultancy solutions for our customers.
Capita Consulting is a new division created in December 2019 to take a new approach to the market bringing our earned experience from industry and the broad knowledge across the group to provide advice, guidance and our combined expertise to guide and develop unique offerings and solutions to our wide range of existing clients and to develop new streams of revenue.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Looking to discover more? Let your line manager know, then choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application and send us your CV. Any questions before taking the next step? You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.