Do you love building tools and data pipelines? Are you excited by the opportunity to create clear effective reports and data visualizations, and collaborate with stakeholders to answer key business questions? Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced environment and contribute to one of the most visited sites on the Internet?
If this describes you, consider joining us as an intern. Amazon is looking for a data engineer intern to join one our many lines of business. Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s brightest engineers who innovate everyday on behalf of our customers. You will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have
the opportunity to affect the evolution of Amazon technology as well as lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your work will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the company.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting.
Come chart your own path at Amazon.
As a data engineer intern, you will/may:
· Design, implement, and automate deployment of our distributed system for collecting and processing log events from multiple sources
· Design data schema and operate internal data warehouses and SQL/NoSQL database systems
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions
· Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines
· Drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions
· Work collaboratively with Business Analysts, Data Scientists, and other internal partners to identify opportunities/problems
· Provide assistance to the team with troubleshooting, researching the root cause, and thoroughly resolving defects in the event of a problem
· Experience with SQL
· Experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in math/statistics/engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline with a conferral date after September 2021
· Experience with one or more query language (e.g., SQL, PL/SQL, DDL, MDX, HiveQL, SparkSQL, Scala)
· Experience with one or more scripting language (e.g., Python, KornShell)
· Experience with data mining, data warehouse solutions, and ETL
· Master’s or advance technical degree
· Proficient in at least one or more query language, schema definition language, and scripting language
· Knowledge of writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Experience with data visualization software (e.g., AWS QuickSight or Tableau) or open-source project
· Experience with big data processing technology (e.g., Hadoop or ApacheSpark), data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL, and reporting/analytic tools and environments
· Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
Amazon Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page?region_id=region_eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
We prioritise candidates who demonstrate relevant skills for this role. You may wish to attend one of our up-skilling events at https://amazonstudentevents.splashthat.com/careers
EMEA Student Programs Team
Job ID: 8826