Citi's mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world's toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities.
ANALYTICS AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (AIM)
Citi AIM was established in 2003, and is located across multiple cities in India – Bengaluru, Chennai, Pune and Mumbai. It is a global community that objectively connects and analyzes information, to create actionable intelligence for our business leaders. It identifies fact-based opportunities for revenue growth in partnership with the businesses. The function balances customer needs, business strategy, and profit objectives using best in class and relevant analytic methodologies.
What do we do?
The North America Consumer bank Analytics team provides reporting and business Insights support to help the business monitor/size the impact of various business strategies, campaigns and portfolio actions.
The team helps the business take strategic decisions based on lots of data exploration, thorough understanding of business needs backed by structured thinking.
Few notables among the multiple areas that we work in:
- Business critical Dashboards: self-explanatory and detailed dashboards to review the portfolio health with the business leaders with analytical backing of particular trends of interest
- Assessing Campaign Impacts: Understand the campaign setup and through data exploration get the actual campaign performance in terms of P&L. Using the data put together a solution to optimize the marketing spends based on campaign performance.
- Opportunity sizing: Help the business with sizing the impact of various regulatory / market / business / strategic changes to the portfolio
- Process Efficacy: Periodically review existing process and identify potential ways to streamline the process
- Business Intelligence Tools: Deploy existing reports to other advanced reporting platforms
In order to achieve the best in class analytical solutions across business units we use the best in class tools and technology.
What’s expected from you?
As a Data Engineering analyst, we are seeking an experienced candidate who should be able to perform below behaviors in their day to day role:
- Client Obsession – Create client centric analytic solution to business problems. Individual should be able to have a holistic view of multiple businesses and develop analytics solutions accordingly.
- Analytic Project Execution – Own and deliver multiple and complex analytic projects. This would require an understanding of business context, conversion of business problems to formulate analytical methodology, identifying trends and patterns with data, develop an efficient solution on Citi's Big Data Platform.
- Stakeholder Management: Experience in stakeholder management across various functions and regions.
- Presentation Skills : Delivering high class presentations to share the thoughts, the solutions or the problem statement to business stakeholders and senior management
- Project Management – Should have skillset to manage project in terms of creating project plan, assigning responsibilities,
Skillset you should possess
The most important skill that our analyst should possess is their love for data, technology and their eagerness for new challenges & solving new problems. Apart from these, they should also have the following skillset
- Master’s / Engineering Degree with more than 3 years of experience in BigData systems, Hive, Hadoop, Spark (Python/ scala) and cloud based data management technologies
- Hands-on experience in Unix Scripting, Python and Scala programing along with strong experience in SQL.
- Comfortable working with completed unstructured, undocumented code and turning it around into best in class code redesigning costly compute and data processes and aligning to best development standards
- Experienced in working with large and multiple datasets, data warehouses and ability to pull data using relevant programs and coding.
- Well versed with necessary data preprocessing and application engineering skills
- At least 3 years of experience designing software systems with intense computational needs across real time and batch process .
- Experience and understanding of Supervised, unsupervised machine learning techniques
- Exposure to data ingestion, ETL tools such as Talend, modeling tools, Performance Management tooling such as Pepper data, Cloudera stack will be a plus
- Knowledge of data management, data governance, data security and regulatory practices
- Ability to identify, clearly articulate and solve complex business problems and present them to the management in a structured and simpler form
- Should have experience of working in onsite, offsite delivery model
- Experience working with large and multiple datasets, data warehouses and ability to pull data using relevant programs and coding.
- Experience in Credit Cards and Retail Banking
- Should have excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong process/project management skills
- Multiple stake holder management
- Control orientated and Risk awareness
- Fast Learner with a desire to excel and attitude to partner and solve problems in complex environments placing business objectives at center or all activity.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Code Re-engineering is preferred.
- Experience in broad IT architecture and design preferred across data and channels
- Experience in query tuning, automation technologies (Autosys, Jenkins, Service Now) preferred
- Exposure to container technology, Machine learning will be a plus
- Location: Pune, India
- Employment: Full Time
- Industry: Credit Cards, Retail, Mortgage, Financial Services, Banking
- This function covers incumbents responsible for various data activities, which include development of data assets, transformation of data, data analysis, maintenance, data quality and engineering
- Responsible for development and
- Day-to-day actions are focused on administering defined procedures, analyses and report preparation
- Individuals will have their work thoroughly reviewed and checked by more senior incumbents and will have limited contact outside their immediate area
- Daily deliverable of routine and defined outputs, while at the same time developing knowledge of the broader context in which the work is being performed
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Developing solutions to business problems using Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Python, Scala experience required. SAS, ML and analytics experience is a plus.
- The ability to engage resources outside of their direct control to achieve objectives
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.