Control Room Operator- Evansville, IN
This is a non-exempt position.
- General Housekeeping duties
- Assist with grain handling
- Ability to learn all equipment and its limitations
- Ability to learn how to operate PLC and understand the grain flow
- Loading grain to rail/barge
- Unloading grain from rail to barge/grain bins
- Grading grain for outbound shipment and inhouse transfers
- Segregation of commodities and maintaining quality
- Maintaining PM documentation
- Maintaining other operational required documentation
- Entering inventory and bin grades
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- To be considered for an opportunity, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Commitment to ADM’s goal of achieving a zero injury culture; understand and follow company safety procedures
- High school education or equivalent is preferred
- Exhibit regular and prompt attendance
- Able to meet physical requirements of the position including, but not limited to: prolonged periods of standing and sitting, working in confined spaces and from heights, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders, working in a variety of conditions (heat, cold, dust, etc), lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Willing to work overtime, weekends and nights
- Demonstrate initiative to work independently while flexible enough to work in team setting when needed
- Exhibit a professional image at all times; maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Previous PLC or Automation control experience preferred
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.