The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You\'ll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to Accessibility or call 877-891-2510 (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won\'t receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Support Property and Casualty producer and Account Executive, if applicable, by serving mid-sized and moderately complex clients, be knowledgeable in coverages, carrier guidelines, underwriting, and legislative changes, to maintain relationships with clients and carrier representatives and to assist in suggesting new lines of coverage for existing clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Build and maintain key client and carrier relationships, by phone, e-mail and in person.
2. Assist assigned clients and staff with service questions related to administration, billing, claims issues and problem-solving, upon request.
3. Continually seek cross-sell opportunities and suggest new lines of coverage.
4. Work with producer, and/or Account Executive, to monitor and manage the renewal process for assigned clients. Coordinate meeting with client and/or producer to present the renewal and supporting documents to gain acceptance of the renewal or commitment to go to market for alternative options.
5. Attend and coordinate meeting with client and/or producer to present the renewal and supporting documents to gain acceptance of the renewal or commitment to go to market for alternative options.
6. Prepare marketing information or provide required information to a marketing person. Once marketing options have been prepared, the producer/Account Executive/Account Manager presents the options to the client.
7. Conduct quarterly account management visits with assigned clients to review renewal decisions. Formulate a plan with producer to address any issues.
8. Review claims reports monthly and deliver reports to clients on monthly or quarterly basis, as required.
9. Provide administrative support on other tasks such as assigned special projects and development of new ideas/services, as requested.
10. Become proficient in the Agency Management System, specifically to update policies that are written or renewed, log activities to document client meetings, carrier follow-up, service issues, establish follow-up date and daily manage follow-up in Agency Management System. Also, understand how to use the system to acquire information to assist clients.
11. Attend seminars, classes and carrier meetings to keep abreast of new products available for clients and acquire expertise in legislative changes, as opportunities occur.
12. Mentor and train Account Manager I.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of solid experience gaining knowledge of Property and Casualty or equivalent experience
3. State-issued license
4. Ability and experience working with large retail accounts
5. Good written and verbal communication skills
6. Good problem-solving skills
7. Good organizational skills
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.