Category Specialist, Professional Services Procurement Team- Various Locations: Decatur, IL. Chicago, IL. Erlanger, KY.
This is an exempt level position
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life.
An opportunity has arisen for a Category Specialist on the Professional Services Procurement Team. The main purpose of this role is to develop and execute global category strategies in collaboration with stakeholders and in alignment with global and local sourcing requirements. You will work closely with our business unit leaders to understand implementation challenges and to develop solutions to increase compliance. In this role, you will assist our different businesses to determine and manage requirements by providing insight into alternative options to better control demand.
• Reporting to the Global Professional Services Category Director, the main duties of this role will include:
• Strategic management of Professional Services categories, primarily Consultancy Services, to manage risk, monitor market conditions, maximize returns, and ensure high-quality, on-time performance for stakeholders;
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with key suppliers, providing high level of issue resolution where necessary (quality and service);
• Drive external / marketplace knowledge of the latest category dynamics, trends and best practices aiming to drive implementation of continuous improvement opportunities;
• Negotiate category\'s procurement activities, strategic sourcing, supplier management and contract management leveraging company’s 7 step sourcing process;
• Provide leadership and support during sourcing initiatives, including total cost of ownership model development, category strategy development, fact-based negotiation strategy development & execution, supplier evaluation & selection, and category implementation;
• Implement necessary tools and reports to manage categories and supply base e.g. contract management spend management;
• Drive efforts to understand internal customer needs and summarize business requirements as input into enterprise-wide sourcing efforts;
• Establish and evaluate performance metrics for category and own cost saving results.
• Bachelor\'s Degree preferably in Supply Management, Operations, Business or Engineering
• Minimum 5 years business experience with 2 years preferably in procurement (Professional Services or related category)
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to engage, communicate and influence mid to senior level stakeholders (internal / external) and establish trust and credibility with business unit leaders and other functional stakeholders
• Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial analysis; ability to analyze data as well as draw out and communicate insights
• Capable of creating pre-negotiation strategy including company’s Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA)
• Experience in negotiation of complex agreements; commercial skills and familiarity with contract law is a must
• Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written (fluent in other languages a strong plus)
• Familiarity with multiple source-to-pay systems (eg. COUPA, Ariba, Maximo) and ERP software (JDE, SAP, etc.)
• Global awareness (culture, currencies, geography, and political)
• Professional Purchasing Certification
• Experience in Food/ Agri-business industry
• Experience in LEAN Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and/or project management; Strong Project Execution is a must
• Familiarity with E-sourcing tools (Ariba, Bravo, etc.)
• Challenging tasks, short decision-making processes and a high level of personal responsibility in a modern work environment with flexible work time models
• Room for innovative thinking and growth with the possibility to manage your own career path.
• A company culture which promotes continuous learning and diversity.
• Excellent career opportunities in a world leading nutrition company.
• An attractive remuneration including a variety of social benefits like subsidized health & fitness offers.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.