The Recruiting Engine Team is reinventing how we recruit at Amazon. Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, programs, and process teams to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently.
A day in the life
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will generate insights that will guide operational excellence, business strategy, and success for our products focusing on Candidates across Recruiting. Data analysis is at the core Amazon’s culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for our organization. You will be gathering customer insights, mining data, making recommendations, and helping senior leaders make key business decisions. You will have the opportunity to work with large and diverse data sets to gather insights using data from across AWS Infrastructure.
About the hiring group
We are bringing Amazon's trademarks (big ideas, tech, and customer obsession!) to recruiting at Amazon. Come help us hire the best, build great tools for our hiring managers and recruiters, and help the millions of candidates applying and visiting our career portal (people like you!) find their next amazing opportunity. Our team focus on candidates experience, assessments and matching candidates to the best role at Amazon.
· Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support the needs of the business.
· Apply deep analytic and business intelligence skills to extract meaningful insights and learning from large and complicated data sets.
· Be hands-on with ETL to build data pipeline to support automated reporting.
· Serve as liaison between the business and technical teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current business performance, and ad hoc investigations to support future improvements or innovations. This will require data gathering and manipulation, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
· Build various data visualizations to tell the story of business trends, patterns, and outliers through rich visualizations.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· Experience with SQL
· Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
· Experience in the data/BI space
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or experience in a related quantitative field
· Experience in analyzing and interpreting data
· Experience with data mining and processing using SQL
· Experience with report/ task automation using Python
· Experience building measures and metrics, and developing reporting solutions using BI data visualization and delivery tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Quicksight, etc.
· Extensive experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company
· Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS
Job ID: 8878