Business Development Analyst - Nutrition - Decatur, IL
This is a salaried exempt position.
The analyst position within the Nutrition Business Development team is an excellent opportunity to be involved in a high growth business within ADM. In the role, you will have responsibility for assisting in the organic and acquis pipeline development and analysis along with frequent interactions with Nutrition leadership and other support functions to ensure the business continues on it’s path achieve continued growth towards $1B in segment OP and beyond. This high value position will report to the Director of Business Development for Nutrition.
- Perform both internal and external strategic analyses to become better informed about current business conditions and conduct competitive landscaping studies. In liaison with the commercial teams, build, track and maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Partner with commercial, operation, and financial sponsors to develop and review the business cases for capital expenditures for growth initiatives
- Participate in peer reviews for projects, challenging assumptions and ensuring the project team has a well defined and presented business case prior to presentation to the ADM capital committee (CEO, CFO, Chief Growth Officer)
- Assist in prioritization of projects to determine the best allocation of ADM’s capital spend
- Review progress of initiatives during the development and execution phases and prepare reporting for management
- Review and track capital spend during the year and reconciliation to the business plan and forecast
- Collaborate with other members of the organization to develop continuous improvement ideation in the capital project life cycle
- Analyze market and competitor data to provide input on strategic initiatives and opportunities
- Assist with M&A activities such as scoping, financial modeling, due diligence, and integration activities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business related field with a minimum of 3 years business related experience
- Confident, effective communicator with strong executive presence and influence
- Strong analytical abilities (or potential to develop these skills). Superlative attention to detail required.
- Experience making decisions in intense and complex conditions
- Demonstrate commercial acumen and desire to learn
- Proficiency in Excel financial modeling and Power Point presentation or ability to learn these skills quickly
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated capacity to perform in a fast-paced, Global work environment
- Flexible to various work hours and limited travel may be required
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.