ICG Analytics Group (ICG-A) was created in late 2008 to provide senior management a client level view across ICG businesses and to better identify potential client level opportunities. ICG-A provides with consistent client metrics, segmentation and insights across ICG businesses and regions. ICG-A is responsible for implementation of cross-divisional client metrics including revenue, profitability and market share, as well as client segmentation based on opportunity, client feedback and client content based on event probabilities. The team has developed an analytical platform to aggregate multiple internal and external data sources and integrate the data by client on multiple dimensions including equity and debt performance, fundamentals, institutional ownership and analyst estimates. It also segments and profiles clients in relation to their respective peer groups based on industry, style, size and region.
Role Outline/Job Summary
This position, which is part of ICG – Analytics statistical team, is responsible for many ICG level analytical projects across business lines.
The position will be responsible to support / define many senior management strategic initiatives and back it by data.
In – order to achieve above, specific accountability will include, but not limited to
- Work with large and complex data sets (both internal and external data) to conduct analyses
- Develop market/product/client insights to help senior management make business decisions
- Design and create performance metrics by business, region, industry, and product for periodic business reviews
- Identify and compile data sets using a variety of tools (e.g. SQL, Python) to help predict, improve, and measure the success of key business to business outcomes
- Articulate analytical findings in clear and concise deliverables, including presentations, discussions, and visualizations
- Responsible for documenting data requirements, data collection / processing / cleaning, and exploratory data analysis; which may include utilizing statistical models / algorithms and data visualization techniques
- 3-5 years of work experience in manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data to distill insights
- Proficiency in SQL and other analytical tools/scripting languages such as Python, R, or SAS
- Excellent analytic ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey complex information in a compelling manner
- Proven track record in service excellence and delivering analytical projects that aided business decision making
- Hands on experience on at least 1 data extraction / manipulation tools.
- Ability to work independently and take personal initiative
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Sound logical thinking, good attitude / work ethics
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Respect for information confidentiality