Accounting Supervisor, Global Business Services- Decatur, IL
This is an exempt level position.
Accounting Supervisors at ADM have a high level of understanding of accounting systems and processes and should be considered highly knowledgeable in assigned areas. They have strong ability to prepare, review, and supervise accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports, to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the department. They must demonstrate self-confidence in dealing with management at various levels and various administrative, commercial, and operations areas as applicable. They should demonstrate ability to support projects through to completion. The Accounting Supervisor will work with BU Finance and other internal teams to ensure accounting records for ADM are accurate. They have the responsibility to ensure work prepared by him/her and their respective team is done with increasing efficiency and effectiveness by standardizing, simplifying, centralizing, and installing a service mindset to become a strategic partner to the business.
• Complete and review monthly accounting work per US GAAP guidelines and perform relevant analysis
• Complete annual review/revision of Key Financial Controls (SOX requirements) and process flows and work to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls
• Work with relevant business partners to provide insight and analysis into financial results
• Review, prepare, and analyze financial statements and/or supporting schedules
• Supervise accounting staff
• Review and approve work performed by accounting staff
• Ability to perform quarterly analysis and reporting
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• 5+ years of accounting experience
• Prior supervisory experience a plus
• Strong analytical abilities, initiative and problem solving skills
• Strong oral and communication skills as well as the ability to interface with various levels of management
• Self-motivated with the ability to make independent decisions
• Ability to contribute in a team environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and large ERP systems a plus
• Ability to travel as needed
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. 5+ years of accounting experience
• Experience with monthly accounting work based on US GAAP guidelines
• CPA, similar professional certification preferred but not required
• Ability to safely and successful perform the essential job functions consistent with qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
• Standard office safety regulations
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.