(Contract) Display Controller Design Verification Engineer
The Display Controller team within the Radeon Technologies Group (RTG) is looking for an individual to participate in the design verification of the Display IP, in particular the PHY and IO design.
Will participate on a team of design verification, architects and design engineers, working closely with other team members to understand and verify the functionality of the design within the context of the unit, block, and overall system.
You will be responsible for carefully detailing and executing test plans consisting of direct and random tests to be run under simulation.
The candidate would be encouraged to adopt evolving verification methodologies used in the industry as well as develop custom techniques to functionally verify increasingly sophisticated IP designs within ambitious schedules.
- Understand the functional and performance requirements of the Display IP within an APU and dGPU SOC
- Assume technical leadership and hands-on development tasks
- Scope requirements and resources to meet fast paced project schedules
- Build, reuse and debug test cases and test bench components for IP and SOC consumption
- Integration and codeline management
- Compose test and coverage plan to ensure functional completeness
- Signoff IP quality for delivery into SOC
- Optimally connect with multi-disciplined teams located across the globe
- 5+ years of confirmed verification experience on large ASIC development projects or equivalent embedded programming experience with a deep understanding of hardware architecture
- Very strong background in C/C++/OOO coding techniques
- Experience with Verilog and/or System Verilog
- Experience working with Cadence NCSIM, Synopsys VCS or equivalent
- Experience in UVM, OVM or equivalent
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems and debug tools
- Interest in developing custom verification tools and driving new test methodologies
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Great teammate with tried leadership skills
Min. Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering