ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Vice President of Sales, Engineering Services
Job Type/ FLSA Status
50 - 60%
First Shift (Day)
We are seeking a Vice President of Sales, Engineering Services who will report directly to ABM’s EVP and President of Sales. This person will own the national sales budget and strategy and will lead the Engineering Services national sales team. This position requires the Vice President to be an experienced sales leader and be well versed in facilities management with a specific focus in Integrated Facilities Services and/or Stationary Engineering Services. Must be able to standup and grow a best-in-class national sales team in a complex & matrixed selling environment. The VP also develops and executes a clearly defined sales strategy in partnership with the CMO in a manner that supports consistent business growth and enhances ABM’s brand awareness. The VP also monitors, analyzes and reports on sales and marketing activity against company goals.
- Under the direction of President Global Sales, develops sales and marketing strategic business plans to drive revenue and increase market share.
- Manage the vision and strategy and provide purpose, motivation, and direction for the Engineering Services sales group.
- Through in-person and remote activities, coach sales teams and leaders to identify, qualify, develop and sell complex and/or bundled engineering services.
- Partner with HR to recruit and retain top-tier sales talent.
- Function as a business partner to Industry Group Presidents, Sales SVP’s & Operational SVP’s to achieve national sales goals.
- Assess market potential and identifies new business opportunities and synergies.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to ensure consistent packaging and deployment of engineering service offerings throughout the country.
- Partner with Corporate Sales and Corporate Marketing to develop and execute best practices in sales and marketing standards
- Develop and maintain the overall revenue growth plan and model ensuring scalability.
- Implement national revenue generating strategic initiatives while ensuring accuracy of sales forecasting
- Maintain key customer relationships; develop and implement strategies for expanding the Company’s customer base.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in facility management or facility services required.
- Expertise in Integrated Facility Services and/or Stationary Engineering Services strongly desired.
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience in the industry required. MBA or similar desired.
- Successful background building and managing a sales team - preferably on a national level.
- Experience accurately forecasting short-term & long-term sales.
- Ability to successfully manage a sales staff selling to the owner occupied and all relative service markets.
- Demonstrated the ability to work with a diverse set of business unit leaders, including but not limited to executive leadership within sales & operations, and all other stakeholders.
- Strong written & oral communication skills and ability to effectively present to large audiences.
- Significant finance acumen with ability to understand operating budgets and finance.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines.