A newly created role within a highly successful and award winning Special Effects company for a qualified Accountant.
Having just had their most successful year to date, including international expansion, there is now a need for an additional member within the finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Director this position closely with the business this role is a blend of both Production & Management accounting and requires an individual with a few years Post Qualified experience where you need to have worked within the Media/Film/Entertainment industry.
This is a busy and varied role that will allow you to take responsibility and ownership for your work whilst also being able to add value and impact the profitability to different project.
- Partner the Producers to track and manage the profitability of each project and provide insight into potential opportunities and risks
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and long range forecasts
- Assist in the monthly preparation of the management accounts with variance analysis, commentary and rolling forecasts
- Revenue recognition, deferred revenue accounting and analysis of the project margins
- Prepare reports of actual / historical project performance to assist the New Projects team when preparing bids
- Review and approve Producer bids prior to submission to clients
- Improve insight of financial KPI’s and performance across the business
- Provide financial support to all the Producers in the London and international studios
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with 3-5 years post qualified experience, with an undergraduate degree
- Experience gained within Management or Production accounting within the VFX, Film/TV, Media or Creative industry is required
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to build and utilise complex financial models
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build good working relationships and comfortable to challenge or influence others thought process
- Personable, adaptable, and able to quickly establish credibility
- Highly motivated with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Great commercial acumen
- Calm under pressure and deadline orientated
- Knowledge of UK Film & TV Tax Rebates would be advantageous
Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted