We at Persistent Systems are hiring Technical Support Engineers to join our team across Colombo Location
We are a trusted Digital Engineering and Enterprise Modernization partner, combining deep technical expertise and industry experience to help our clients anticipate what’s next. Our offerings and proven solutions create unique competitive advantage for our clients by giving them the power to see beyond and rise above.
We are experiencing tremendous growth, with $566 million in revenue in FY21, representing 12.9% year-over-year growth. Along with that growth, we onboarded over 3,000 new employees in the past year, bringing our total employee count to over 15,000 people located in 18 countries across the globe.
At Persistent, our values are more than a list of ideals to improve our corporate image. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive culture that reflects what’s important to our employees and is based on what they value. As a result, 95% of our employees approve of the CEO and 83% recommend working at Persistent to a friend..
What you’ll do
- Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide first and second level office hours support for customers via live telephone support, customer generated web queries, and other support channels, including on-site operations, as required.
- Plan and prioritize tasks
- Provide 24/7 on-call support for global deployments.
- Perform root cause analyses and resolve software faults in accordance with service level agreements.
- Analysis and resolution efforts with other product specialists and with cloud and software development.
- Plan and execute maintenance actions both remotely and onsite.
- Utilities/tools as required by customers and/or the organization.
- Maintain on-going record of problem analysis and resolution activity in on-line call tracking system.
- Undertake project specific activities such as developing technical documentation, specialized training
- Create and update technical content in on-line knowledge base.
- Work within and measure against customer SLAs
What you’ll bring
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent professional qualification.
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working on Unix/Linux platforms
- Ability to write bash scripts to automate tasks
- Experience Working with Relational databases (Oracle, PostgresSQL)
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting REST APIs.
- Experience in troubleshooting reported problems(network, operating system, java application & database)
- Experience working with customer support ticketing system
- Experience in the delivery of high-quality technical support
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Availability to travel to other sites/countries when required
- Excellent English language spoken and written communication skills
- Experience working with Kubernetes/EKS, Docker
- Experience with cloud computing services (Amazon Web Services like EC2, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, and RDS preferred)
- Experience with programming language such as python & java
- Experience with Terraform/CloudFormation/APIs (Amazon Web Services preferred) will be added advantage
- Experience working with configuration management tool such as Ansible
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
Why Persistent is an employer of choice
- Technology Innovation: culture of innovation using cutting-edge technology to bring value to clients.
- Growth and Career Progression: learning opportunities for growth, including quarterly promotion cycles
- One Persistent Culture: global outlook with diversity and inclusion at its core