ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Taxi Supervisor - Graveyard
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
Taxi Supervisor is responsible for direct oversight of front-line employees and ensures that productivity levels and customer service requirements are being met. This position enforces compliance to company work rules, performance standards, safety, quality, established by the Company, our Clients, and regulatory authorities.
Reports to the Assistant General Manager and General Manager. Checks and validates all hours performed by staff and completion of all required shift reports. Maximizes and cross-utilize manpower resources for operational demands. Addresses conflict resolution between taxi drivers, employees, and customers. Additional tasks and projects may be assigned by GM and AGM.
Specific Duties / Essential Job Functions: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Provides excellent customer service to all customers
- Monitor and maintain staffing levels
- Ensure that future schedules are complete (days off, vacations, etc.)
- Ensure all call offs are covered.
- Manage employee lunches and breaks.
- Trains and leads his team members
- Controls all manpower costs, time, and resources and in-charge of taxi operations, drivers, and employees alike.
- Helps frontline staff with customer service requests and administer conflict resolution.
- The point of contact for customer service agents, supervisors, and managers on shift
- Oversees the flow of taxi from the Taxi Holding Lot to the Terminal Garage Staging Area. Ensures that there is enough supply of taxicabs available at any time.
- Document and report driver violations.
- Enforces Taxi Policies and Procedures (SOP) in conjunction with the local authorities.
- Verify driver eligibility to provide service at the airport and verify driver payments.
- Report any hazardous or unsafe conditions existing in the taxi work areas to management.
- Provide direction and answer questions from the traveling public.
- Maintain 2-way radio contact with appropriate sources.
- Perform Safety Audits.
- Manage the No-Fault Attendance Policy.
- Maintain daily shift reports
- Perform basic administrative functions
- Effectively coach, counsel, and discipline employees.
- Perform team member operational briefings at the beginning and end of his or her shift
- Ensures that team members are wearing complete company issued uniforms and PPE’s.
- Maintain communication with other Supervisors and AGM on staffing levels.
- Set positive, professional example, strong leadership, and employee development.
- Ensure front-line employee compliance with all safety, security, compliance and quality standards and procedures established by the Company, the Client, and regulatory authorities.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Reports to AGM for all operational needs and requirements.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The individual is required to stand and walk for 80% or more on shift.
- Individual may be required to talk, hear, and use hands to handle or feel for 80% or more on shift.
- Individual may be required to lift 50 pounds or more for up to 1/3 on shift.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment has a moderate noise level.
- Work outside in all types of weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements described herein are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, and handbooks.
- Ability to effectively present information, including in written form, and respond to questions from passengers, managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to use military time in all transactions always.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Supervisor must always comply with the Company’s management grooming standards and set as a good example to his team members.
- Supervisor must comply with and enforce all guidelines and policies set forth in the ABM Employee Handbook. These policies include, but are not limited to, the Company’s Zero Tolerance Discrimination and Harassment Policy, Retaliation Policy, Ethics Policy, and Security Policy.
- Must complete all required company class and online training on time.
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must submit to and pass a drug screen.
- Must pass required MVR Clearance for driving the company vehicle
- Must meet all requirements to receive required airport SIDA badge and Customs Seal (if applicable), including successful completion of a background check and ten-year work history.
- Must work schedule as assigned.
- This job description is subject to change at any time at the discretion of the General Manager.