Shift Supervisor – Decatur, IL
ADM West Refinery
This is a salary exempt position.
Supervising the daily activities of safety, environmental, quality, and production procedures as well as leading employees in all aspects of production.
- Display a dedication to lead, participate, and support all safety, environmental and food safety rules and regulations applicable to the position.
- Perform safety, environmental, and quality audits and address any findings with appropriate follow-up including engaging colleagues, issuing work orders, etc.
- First line of involvement with lock out/tag out procedures, hot work permits, confined space entries, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring proper cleaning and sanitation including verification and documentation.
- Drive improvements in all areas of operations by leading, implementing, and monitoring Continuous Improvement / Performance Excellence (TPM) deployments and systems including use of standard work, one point lessons, 5S/WPO, DMAIC, 5 Why’s, etc.
- Responsible to assist Location Management in supervising all production staff. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Lead employees and actively participate in employee development. Review employee performance, provide routine feedback, and complete employee evaluations. Address complaints and resolve problems.
- Ability to work well as part of a team. Work cooperatively and communicate effectively with production, administrative, sales, trucking, rail, and management teams. Maintain good working relationships with all employees.
- Provide solutions and promote collaboration amongst the various groups such as production, maintenance, safety, environmental, and quality.
- Capable of making decisions on your own.
- Observes equipment throughout the facility, troubleshoots with employees and by use of trends, and issues work orders.
- Assist in coordinating production schedules and requests.
- Flexibility and welcoming of changes in work routine. Embraces change.
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years\' of experience in a supervisory role.
- Promotes the ADM Way and Core Values. Demonstrates a high level of ownership.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – both oral and written. Able to communication with all levels of the organization.
- Social skills including handling conflict, motivating, instructing and training personnel in a fair, transparent and direct way. Ability to manage a diverse team.
- Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Teams, Pi Process, Pi Vision, ADM Weigh or willingness to learn.
- Able to utilize independent judgment to solve problems, have excellent organizational skills to effectively handle multiple ongoing tasks, meet deadlines and strive for continuous improvement.
- Must be able to work 12-hour rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays. Prompt attendance is a must.
- The candidate must be able to work in a variety of environmental conditions. The work environment will be both office, shop and plant operations which will include exposure to loud noises, high elevations and working around moving mechanical parts. Capability of working from heights, bending, kneeling, able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.