Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. The Covid-19 outbreak has highlighted the importance of implementing and maintaining robust clinical diagnostic services for both employees and the community. Regular testing for a range of pathogens, on a global and national scale across all industries and service areas helps keep people safe and to maintain and improve the economic situation at a national and international level. Cost and time-effective diagnostics are a key element to ensuring that individuals, companies and governments are informed and can respond rapidly to protect lives and health.
Our European Supply Chain team is growing and we are hiring a Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager, Diagnostics to join the team. The ideal candidate thrives in a ambiguous and dynamic environment and has experience working on products that require collaboration with multiple teams across Amazon. Success in this role requires strong customer focus and business judgement, and skill at breaking down complex, high-level ideas into executable features and distinct phases. The ability to influence cross functionally and across the organization, at all levels is critical to success in this role.
In this role, you will define and own the capability, strategy and operational excellence of the Amazon EU Diagnostics Supply Chain Procurement. You will develop key innovation sourcing activities, promote sustainable procurement, enhance the capability of the Procurement teams and promote the Procurement function internally and externally. You will be a trusted advisor in creating the procurement of tomorrow and work side-by-side with stakeholders to deliver the best end customer experience.
This role can be based in the following locations: London, Manchester or Luxembourg
· Develop and own the external partnerships and supplier management strategy for the program. Build strategic relationships at a senior level with partners
· Ensure an effective sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology of our current and future offers
· Identifying new product development opportunities. Seek out ways to automate & simplify manual processes in order to improve productivity and have outstanding project management skills
· Help develop our product roadmap to deliver an efficient supply chain and with Program Managers to set future sourcing requirements.
· Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including comprehensive review of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competition landscape and build business cases for new product opportunities.
· Be a smart, hard-working and creative person who loves products, loves solving difficult problems and "getting it done"
· Bachelor’s degree
· Significant experience in procurement and strategic sourcing.
· Negotiation experience with global suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction
· Significant direct experience in supplier/supply chain management
· Knowledge of supply agreement construction; understanding of key contracting provisions/requirements
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade-offs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· MBA preferred
· Experience working in Consumer Healthcare, Medical Devices or Pharmaceuticals
· Have led sourcing activities for multiple multi-country product launches
· Track record of leveraging supplier enabled innovation
· Demonstrated ability to solve problems and coordinate with global team members
· Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, supplier relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems
· Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modelling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.
Job ID: 16123