The FireTV Devices team is seeking a seasoned software engineer to join us in London. We want someone who is excited about developing experiences that will wow our customers, whilst scaling the Amazon Devices business.
A day in the life
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will define the technology strategy for all products within our team including: (1) software creating those 'wow' experiences for our customers, on upcoming FireTV devices (2) scaling existing solutions for wider impact (for example UK to Europe) (3) Android-based applications running on FireTV
About the hiring group
In the Amazon Fire TV team, we are creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide. Be part of a fast-paced, agile and innovative team who is delivering new experiences to Fire TV devices in a startup like environment. We have built a strong engineering culture and want passionate engineers to join our mission.
· Solve technical problems in an ambiguous space with a large customer/architecture impact
· Develop and have input into the design of the architecture used for both our apps and platform
· Develop across the full stack
· Work with key stakeholders throughout FireTV and Amazon Devices
· Help shape our technology stack now and into the future
· Coach and mentor team members to help with their career growth
· Hire and develop the best engineers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Non-internship professional experience in software development
· Professional programming experience delivering production code in an object-oriented language such as Java, C/C++, Python, Objective-C, or C#
· Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
· Masters Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
· Experience with cloud computing on AWS
· Experience on Android and/or iOS development
· Experience building software that runs on devices
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customer
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
Job ID: 16188