Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Be a technical leader as part of Marketo Engage's platform team, where you will be working on mission critical platform services at scale. Design, build and support data intensive streaming applications and core infrastructure services in an environment that value impact, innovation, and accountability.
What you'll Do
- Design and develop distributed applications that are resilient, highly available, and scalable.
- Own feature development from inception to production rollout and post mortem.
- Lead design reviews and conduct effective peer code reviews.
- Help evaluate new technologies and incorporate them into our stack.
- Contribute to the development of engineering processes.
- Help improve product architecture, resiliency, and performance.
- Collaborate with Client Services, Operations, and other Engineering teams.
What you need to succeed
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or comparable proven experience Strong CS fundamentals, design patterns, and OOD/OOP skills.
- Write clean, efficient, and easy to maintain code.
- Strong core Java or comparable strongly-typed language
- Proven experience in delivering high-quality, scalable software.
- Proven experience developing application on RDBMS/NoSQL.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior team members.
- 10+ years of industry software development experience.
- Positive outlook, motivated learner, and a collaborative demeanor.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
What will help you stand out from the crowd
- Proven experience developing backend distributed applications on Java/JVM and Spring (or similar framework).
- Proven experience with technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Yarn, Oozie, Zookeeper, Akka, MongoDB, and NoSQL storage systems.
- Experience building Software as a Service (SaaS) platform.
- Experience with Scala or other functional languages.