We are seeking a strong hands-on Full Stack software engineer for Trade and Treasury Solutions Digital Channel Technology Team. The successful candidate will interact with the Engineering Manager, Architects, Scrum Masters, Software Engineers as well as other teams within Citigroup. This individual can tackle features that building user-facing websites, creating micro services/APIs, designing databases, resolving production issues, or even working with clients during the planning phase of features.
This Full Stack software engineer will be responsible for software development and provide support for both technical and business office related activities, which are essential in ensuring smooth delivery of Trade and Treasury Solutions Digital technology service to business. He/she requires exceptional communication skills across both technology and the business. The candidate will be an exceptional software engineer with a strong understanding of how to build global, modern, scalable, enterprise level applications.
The ideal candidate will be dependable and resourceful software professional who can comfortably work with multiple agile engineering teams in a globally distributed, dynamic work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork, and collaboration. The ability to work in high-pressured environment is essential.
The Full Stack software engineer is an intermediate level position responsible for establishing and implementing new or revised user interfaces application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to deliver applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Partner with other software engineers to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products, business features and process improvements
- Resolve variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex technical challenges, business processes, system processes, and industry standards
- Provide advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application development adheres to the overall architecture design.
- Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
- Serve as technical advisor or coach to new or entry level developers and analysts, allocating work as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business and technical decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the balance of technology innovation, firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Agile knowledge, preferably scrum and SAFe framework
Technical / Functional Proficiency:
- The candidate should have proven record of accomplishment implementing a financial transaction system with significant volumes.
- 3+ Years’ Experience with Java/Spring Framework
- 2+ Years’ experience with (Oracle/MongoDB/NoSQL) database
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread safe code
- Experience with TDD (Test Driven Design), code testability standards, JUnit
- Experience with Microservice with API Gateway Management tools, Docker Container/ Kubernetes, API Service architectures (REST & SOAP), API Gateway Management tools, Apache Kafka and Couchbase
- Knowledge of Web security frameworks and various Vulnerability Assessment tools would be advantageous
- Experience in Financial industry and Payments applications and processes would be advantageous
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.